𝐗𝐕. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓

As my father, Larry Daley, drove the two of us to the museum of natural history. Suddenly my father smiled, turning to me. "You haven't got a lot of sleep lately, since you and Nick have been coming to work with me. So you won't be staying long."

I nodded gently, clutching the backpack on my lap closer. I let out a yawn, but I tried to play it off cool by pretending to cough, it didn't work. "I just need to ask Ahk a few questions about his life."

Dad raised his eyebrows playfully, "You're spending a whole lot of your time with him..."

I swallowed, not particularly happy about having to explain everything to my dad. "Dad, first of it isn't like what you think okay? I have a really good reason to hang around with him.."

Dad's eyes narrowed and he gripped the steering wheel so tight his knuckles were white. Dad shook his head, "Freya, I understand that your body is changing and you may have feelings that you didn't have befor—"

I covered my face with my hands and let out a laugh. "Hold your horses, I'm only thirteen. It isn't like that!" Oh, god. Of course he would suspect something like that.

"Oh." Was all my father said, and looked out the windshield shamefully.

"Look. I really want to tell you, but it doesn't even make sense to me... Once I figure it out, I'll tell you everything dad. Ahk is the only person who can really honestly help me Dad. Don't hate on him, he's like one of the nicest people ever. He's had it rough in his life."

Dad gave me a confused look, but he seemed defeated. I noticed he was worried for me, but he was always cool with these sort of things. Just this wasn't normal at all. He let out a sigh. "Just don't tell your mother anything about this kiddo. She won't take it well."

I smiled at the thought, but flinched. I couldn't already imagine my mother fuming with anger, red faced, and as my dad, nick and I, sat at the kitchen bench as she yelled at the three of us. You did not want to see my mother a angry. "Yep, I one hundred percent agree."

« « » »

Ahkmenrah pulled off the bandages from his face, "Hello Rey!" He greeted me happily. I smiled at the nickname he insisted on. I stood standing next to the tablet with a wide smile.

"Did you have a good day at school?!" He asked, over the past few days, Ahkmenrah seemed very interested in my life. I found it only fair, I knew so much about him, he was bound to know about me.

I sighed, "It's the same as always. I only have a few more days until my assignment is due, so I need to ask you a few questions..."

Ahkmenrah nodded with a grim smile, as I helped him with his bandages by rolling them up. "What do you want to know?" He asked gently, leaning against his sarcophagus with a gentle smile.

I opened my backpack, it was filled with pencils, pens, my textbook, my workbook. I flipped my backpack and let everything fall out as I spread it around the cool tomb floor around me. I picked up the most important piece of paper, it required everything I had to do.

1. Compete a timeline of important events in the 'persons' life.

I had done the timeline, but I'll get Ahkmenrah to go over it with me, later. I would get what I needed first.