𝐗𝐗. 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇

"Wait! Freya!"

As soon as I hit the cool night air as large, warm hand caught around my wrist. The touch felt far too familiar. Suddenly I was turned to face Ahkmenrah.

Ahkmenrah's beautiful green eyes pierced into my boring and dull brown ones. "Freya," he breathed gently, speaking my name so tenderly, I wanted to curl up into a ball and cry. It like there was he saying goodbye.

"I want to give you something." I met Ahk's eyes again and I could feel the burning blush rise to my cheeks and for the first time in a long time, I was completely and utterly speechless. I swear that I looked like a fish.

"Oh. Um. Okay... I'm so sorry Ahk. I don't have anything to give back." I whispered, lowering my eyes to my navy converse shoes.

"Your smile is enough, Rey." Suddenly I felt like laughing at the smooth, yet very Ahkmenrah like words.

"Close your eyes Freya." He whispered into my ear. Ahk took my left hand from my side and placed something both heavy, yet light in my upright palm.

Without being unable to control myself I opened both my eyes. I held up the golden chain in the dark.

"Ahk. Wow, this is beautiful. Won't someone notice something like this missing?" The golden chain wasn't bulky and I knew enough about Egypt to understand its meaning and what the symbols meant. It had a golden scarab — a pair of wings embroidered with diamonds with a green disc in the middle, with a golden Ahkh symbol below.

Ahkmenrah smiled gently the moonlight gleaming off his pearly whites, "It doesn't matter. It belongs to you, it belongs to Ramla." There was a hint of sadness in his eyes and longing for her but he managed to compose himself well. It made me think back to his death. A cold shiver ran down my spine. 

"I was planning to give it to you on your birthday, but this is a matter and a time that is necessary." I frowned, confused at his words.

"Ahkmenrah. What is going on? You're acting odd." Ahkmenrah suddenly laughed.

His hands were on my shoulders. "Freya. Listen to me. It pains me to lose you, like the way I lost Ramla. I lost myself when I lost her. By losing her I fell into the darkness of an empty heart. I need you to know that if something happens to me—"

"I know Ahk. I saw you." A wave of panic washed over Ahk, he shifted his feet much like a nervous horse and it to me he suddenly seemed agitated. It had been three years and yet he still acted like this when I told him.

"Oh," he spoke simply, it was what he said. Moments passed until he asked. "What did you see?"

I bit my lip. "I don't know how to say this...but I saw how you died."

A wave of emotion washed over him, as he blinked. Ahk swallowed gently, turning away. "Oh."

"Wait don't you remember?" I asked placing a comforting hand on his shoulder, I knew I was pushing it. A lot.

"Of course I do. I don't like thinking about it that's all — it doesn't matter, Rey." Ahk motioned for me to turn around, he took the necklace from my palm, then moving my blonde hair gently over my shoulder.

"Who I was back then is gone. Ahhmenrah the fourth king of the four kings ruler of the land of Merenkahre died a very long time ago. I might be the same physically, but I have changed, grown far beyond who I was back then." As the necklace was clasped around my neck, Ahkmenrah smiles tears glistening those beautiful green eyes.