𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐀 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐁𝐘𝐄

I wasn't still wasn't the best but Ahk had done a great job at teaching me the Egyptian language. "Ahk are you leaving with the rest?" My eyes met his own beautiful green ones and he smiled almost selfishly, yet there was a odd tone in his voice. It was like he was ashamed of something.

Ahk rubbed my back soothingly, it didn't provide me any comfort for my panic, "No. Seeing that I have some importance I shall remain here with the tablet." I let out a sigh of relief. I knew I was being selfish, my feelings for him made me selfish, but everyone here knew that Ahk meant a lot to me.

I suddenly decided to listen in on what the others were talking about. "McPhee told me what was going around here. I had no idea." Since the time that my father had been gone from the museum that his business 'Daley Devices' took off, I took over in the nights that I can.

Although I couldn't stay as long as I did as I used when Dad worked here, I still made an effort to come. As I grew older the visions had gotten a hundred times worse. I could recall Ahk talking to Teddy and the others as he couldn't tell my father who never took a notice in anything, well when he thought I wasn't around.

Teddy spoke full of authority and knowledgeably for all of the exhibits and even for me. "Indeed. A lot has transpired since your last visit. One would say that—," Then my father's phone began to buzz and it remind me a lot of Don and it made me cringe even more.

"Oh, a Cricket." Teddy spoke and it made me smile, laughter bubbling from my chest. When I looked up to meet's Ahkmenrah's gaze I could see a bright smile on his lips.

My dad held up his phone typing away almost furiously. Then a loud tap, interrupted us all, and turned to the crate. Yes of course it was Jed and Octavian. Dad opened the crate, "Hey fellas! How ya doin'?"

"Well look who's here? If it an't Mr big itself combin' back just in time to see us off." Jed replied sarcastically. I bit my lip from laughing.

Dad gave a look of desperation,"Look Jed I don't even know how it happened." Dad's phone buzzed and he sighed, texting away in a rush. It was probably my mum, Erica.

"Yeah. A real mystery, how this all happened. Maybe the answers the there in that magic box in your hand. You weren't here gigantor that's how it happened. It an't no mystery. Don't you see that Freya gave up her own time to look after us? That it wasn't even a pay check!" I felt a wash of pride, I loved how everything I had done for them never went unnoticed.

Octivain spoke up, "The thing is Larry. There is no one else to speak on our behalf during business hours. Freya wasn't told anything because she snuck in half the time to see the Pharaoh... maybe a little too much." I felt blush creep to my cheeks at their comment.

Then the Easter Island spoke up, "Nun nundum dum." Then everyone nodded their heads, knowing the truth.

"Hey guys. It's okay. I'll call the board in the morning, alright? I've got some pull now. We're gonna be okay here." I rolled my eyes at my father and although Ahk tried not to show it but he knew there was nothing my father could do.

Jed put his hand over his ear. "You year that day dream Johnny? There hasn't been a we since you put us on the pay no mind list? That a cold place to be boy." I smiled, I enjoyed watching this. I honestly felt like getting the popcorn out of my backpack.

"Larry what done is done. Even the glory of Rome come to an end." Octavian spoke the words so seriously and as he looked of in the distance, it made laughter rumble from my chest. When I was had had a bad day the two of them Jed and Octavian alway made me smile.

"Would please not look dramatically into the middle distance when you say that? It makes me feel worse!" Dad replied. From the back room I shook my head as my laughter started to die out, "Um. Dad. That's the point." When I looked up at Ahk he frowned but I could see that he was trying to hide his smile from me.

"I don't know what your talking about." Octavian spoke ignoring my comment.

"Where are you looking?! I'm over here?" My dad said turning to the place Octavian was looking at.

"It's just a bit of wall." Octavian whispered.

"Look guys maybe it won't be so bad." Dad whispered. I rolled my eyes. "Ahk? I don't want anyone to leave. You're all my family."

Ahk hugged me closer to his bare chest as butterflies swarmed my stomach. "Don't worry now, Rey. You're father can fix this." Once again there was a hidden meaning in Ahkmenrah's voice, and everything he had been through there was still hope in his voice.

"Don't you see gigantor there shippin' us out?!" Jed complains, his little arms wailing in the air.

"Larry I know you're trying to make us feel better, I see that you're genuinely slightly bothered. It's never going to be the same. All of us here together, in this place."

"It an't never gonna be home boy. Oooe." Jed lowers his eyes sadly. Everyone was so sad and it made me feel horrible, like there was as something I could of done to change things. For all of us to be together still.

"Jeddah, Lawrence, these are emotional times for all of us — but it is our last night as a family and I do not want to see it squandered in self pity. So who will join me in one final stroll through these hallowed halls?" I smiled at Teddy, he never ceased to inspire me. He gave a smile and a nod at me, then as expected a chorus of nods, smiles and cries of every exhibit echoed in the main entrance.

"My dear shall we?" Teddy asked Sacagawea as she hesitated for a long moment, from where I was standing I met her eyes. I have a smile and a nod as Teddy assisted her onto Texas' rump.

Dad walked over to us, "Um. Freya. I know you'd want to stay, but you mother wants you to go home now. She's around ten minutes away." I stared at my father in disbelief. This was everyone's last night, well apart from Ahk, but I wanted to say goodbye to them all properly. They were my family and I would do anything to protect them.

What would hurt the most was I never got to say goodbye to everyone.

EDITED: 24th of December 2019