𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇

The next night, Nick and I somehow magically convinced our mum to let us go to the museum tonight.

Dad let us in with a wide grin, "What do you think? Should we get this party started?" Dad let out an odd accent that I couldn't place and put shades on in seconds.

I smiled as Nick and I exchanged glances. "I made a promise, I'll be right back!" I shouted and ran towards Ahkmenrah's tomb.

"Where's she going Nick?" Dad asked as I raced up the steps.

"I think she has a crush on the Pharaoh Dude." Nick stated. Dad looked almost angry, I could see his face reddening from the corner of my eye. "Isn't he a little too old for her?" Dad asked Nick folding his arms over his chest.

I stoped and raised an eyebrow it took me three years to be able to do that. "I CAN HEAR YOU!" I yelled, I honestly should not of told Nick anything. It feel nice to have someone to tell this too, but.... It wasn't normal.

I shook my head in disappointment, turning down the halls, I will admit it was creepy being alone.

As I went I turned on the lights, and walked at ease into Ahkmenrah's tomb. His tomb was a place that I found oddly comforting.

I sat on the floor listening to my MP3 player listening to my favourite band Queen patiently as I waited for the tablet to glow.

I softly sang closing my eyes, "Until one day they call your name, You know it's time for the hammer to fall!"

The tablet began to glow, I could see the bright light even with closed eye lids. I pulled the ear phones out and stuffed my MP3 player into my back jean pocket.

I carefully opened the pins, suddenly the tablet stopped glowing. Ahkmenrah shook his sarcophagus dangerously and a deafening cry rang out. "Ahk? It's okay. I'm getting you out alright?" I said rather loudly, I wasn't sure if he could hear me. He gave a muffled response that was calmer and he stopped rattling his sarcophagus. I pushed it off half way, I wasn't very strong and it was quite heavy.

Suddenly he did it a little creepily and rose out of his sarcophagus in a way that almost sacred me. I leaned against the wall under the tablet humming softly. I was trying to calm myself down. Hammer to fall, by Queen was still stuck in my head.

Ahkmenrah gently pulled of his bandages on his face and smiled gleefully. "You came!"

"Of course, Ahk. I promised. I always keep my promises." I reached up and touched the tablet mounted on the wall. Then his face flinched and he looked down.

"Do you need the—" I was barely able to grip the golden tablet's edge before I felt my body slump against the wall and fall, and the Pharaoh's tomb faded away.

The Egyptian heir, Ahkmenrah was on his back lying in the middle of the throne room, tears in his eyes as he somehow, despite his wound on his leg, he managed to crawl over to the bloody, broken and mangled body. "GUARDS!" He called but it only came out as a whisper.

"Ramla! My love please wake up!" Ahkmenrah shook her broken body and gazed into her glassy brown eyes. He gently closed her eyes with his fingertips. She had kept her promise. She would sacrifice herself in order for himself to live. Ahkmenrah smoothed her blond locks lovingly, she was already growing cold with death.

Tears streamed down his eyes like a flowing river very much like the Nile nearby. "I love you." He whispered and kissed her ice cold, unmoving lips one last time before he fell backwards and had let the darkness consume him.

He lost the one thing he loved the most. The only thing he'd give up anything for, even his father's kingdom.

"Freya?" A soft voice spoke, oddly rich with an British/Egyptian accent. I could easily hear the fear and worry in their voice. Ahkmenrah. He had felt so much pain in his life, and it hurt me.

Tears stained my eyes, as I opened them meeting his worried gaze. He was still wrapped in his bandages. How long had I been out a couple of minutes? Maybe five? I don't know. Without even thinking I reached out to him holding onto him as I cried.

"What happened Freya?" Ahkmenrah asked gently, his voice low and kind. "Why did you faint like that?"

I whimpered, I was too much of a coward to meet his gaze. I didn't have a choice but to speak the truth. "I saw you and her R-Ramla. You were in so much pain, you were crying over her dead body."

Ahkmenrah's hands gently pushed me down against the wall and then gripped my shoulders as he knelt down gazing at me, as he too settled me down on the floor.

I spoke up,"I think it had something to do with the tablet. I touched it before because I was going to hand it to you and then I had one of those visions."

Ahkmenrah looked like he had bitten a sour grape. "Has this happened before?" He whispered, I could see he wanted answers. He wanted the truth.

"Y-Yes, quite few times actually. They started about a little over a week ago maybe, as soon as I got you for my history assignment. I see them mostly in my dreams at night, but I think certain things trigger it."

Ahkmenrah looked down at me puzzled, it was like he was trying to piece things together. "Hmm, What do you see in them?" He asked gently now.

"You and her, but most of the time i am able to think and feel her emotions it's almost like a memory or something..." I trail off, not allowing myself to look in his eyes.

"I see." He whispered, I could see so much pain in his eyes. "Do they hurt you or anything?"

"Sometimes it scares me." I mange to make out. "I keep thinking that I am going crazy." I whisper. He nods and bites his lip, he doesn't say a thing.

"Does anyone know?" He asked quietly.

"Nick does. He was there once, and he was a little creeped out yesterday because of the way we spoke to one another. I do things that I don't even think about doing, like bowing to you or when i tried to protect Nick when I thought we were in danger, sometimes I have flashes colours, faces and things...."

He nodded gently, giving me a warm smile. I could see it was forced. "Now go down stairs, I'll meet you there." He said softly. I stopped myself from bowing to him. "Sorry, um. I'll see you soon." I gave a smile, "I am really sorry."

The saddest thing was, I think he wanted nothing to do with me. Even surround by celebration, very happy faces, a deep melancholy set in my heart. Just when I thought the pieces were about to heal, they came tumbling apart.

EDITED: 24th of December 2019