CH 7: LESS LIKE DEMONS, MORE LIKE ANGELS

"Oh yeah, I'm finished!!" 

"Aye, sir!"

Natsu's cheers echoed all over the forest, fist bumping the sky gleefully with Happy.

The wizards had left the cave after what happened, Erza and [Name] taking their sweet time punishing the Dragon Slayer. With the ruins falling down, they immediately left and now stood at the top of a ravine by the ocean.

Lucy sighed in relief, smiling lightly at the end of events, "Really, I wasn't sure what was gonna happen there for a bit. But Ul-san is really amazing!"

"Now we all managed to finish an S class quest!" Natsu jumped around, the blue cat flying around him, "Yatta!!" Stars flying around the blonde, "Do you think we can go up to the second floor now?!"

But the deathly look on Erza's face made them halt and look back at her sweating.

"Oh, no!! That's right, we're still gonna be punished!!" screamed Lucy.

Chuckling at their reactions, the [Hair Color] haired mage looked at them pointedly, "Before any of that happens, isn't there something else you guys have to do to finish the mission?"

"Ee. Wasn't the real point of this job to save the villagers who have been turned into demons?" the redhead crossed her arms, her face going back to normal, "The S class quest is not over yet."

"But Deliora is dead, so won't this stop the curse?" questioned the Celestial Mage in confusion, only to receive a disagreement from the redhead, "Iya. The source of that curse was not Deliora."

Smiling at her old friend, [Name] picked up, "The Moon Drip's great magical power had caused this whole mess, but that doesn't mean that now that Deliora is gone, that magic will too."

"Son'na..." gasped Lucy.

On the contrary, Natsu didn't seem that worried, high-fiving his feline friend, "Then we'll hurry up and cure 'em!" "Aye, sir!"

"How should we do that?" wondered Gray, then opened his eyes wide and turned back towards his fellow Ice Mage, "Oe, Lyon!!"

"Let me tell you: I have no idea." responded the albino bluntly.

But this only pissed Natsu and Happy, "Nandato?!!" "Nandato?!"

Not understanding how the one who initiated it all didn't know, the blonde protested, "Datte, if you guys don't know, how else are we going to break the curse...?"

"Three years ago when we came here, we knew there was a village on this island." interjected the albino, "But we did not interfere with the villagers. And they never came to see us even once."

"Three years... Not once?" the gears in Erza's mind began turning at this and she shared a glance with the God Devil Slayer who sent her a knowing grin, "Ma, it seems they didn't say the whole truth."

Lucy held her chin, thinking deeply about this new development, "Come to think of it, the light of the Moon Drip should've shone down on the ruins every night. So it's really strange that they'd never come to investigate."

"And there remain a number of questions about the effect the Moon Drip has on people's bodies." joined in Lyon, the pinkette sending him a glare, "Nanda...? Are you trying to say that it's not your fault?"

"Think about it. We've been under the same light for three years." spoke Lyon, realization falling on the rule breakers as they all listened to him. "Be careful. They're hiding something. Well, anyway this is a job for you guild people."

But his words only infuriated the Dragon Slayer, "Oh, I don't think so! You're the one who destroyed the-"

"That's enough." Erza squished his cheeks, shutting him up.