CH 17: LUCY HEARTFILIA

"Everyone is fine." [Name] made sure to check everyone's soul before speaking. Those who had been inside of Phantom Lord had all returned to land. And other than some injuries, they were all safe and sound. As she breathed out in relief, [Name] turned to Gajeel. "Seems like someone has woken up?"

Natsu opened his closed eyes. Barely able to move a single muscle, he could only stare at the other Dragon Slayer from the corner of his eyes. "Hey, can you hear me, Gajeel?"

"I can't hear nothing." Gajeel's situation was not much better than Natsu's. His whole body was sore and in pain. His teeth grinding as he tried to at least sit up with no success.

"Your Dragon Slayer Magic... who'd you learn it from...?"

Gajeel twisting his head to the side, ignoring the Fairies that were looking at him from the platform above his. "I said I couldn't hear you!"

"Come on. It's not every day I run into another Dragon Slayer. Don't be so stingy." grumped Natsu. Gajeel not sparing him another glance, "Oh, shut it."

"Ah!" smoke came out of Natsu's ears, the male raging for another fight. Only to receive a slap on the back of his head that slammed him onto the floor. [Name] glaring down at him as she remained sitting by his side. "Stop squirming around, ano baka."

Gajeel remained quiet for a moment, only trailing his crimson pools to the pair before opening his mouth, "Metalicana. The Iron Dragon, Metalicana."

"What?!" Natsu snapped up, the sudden movement causing him to slip and fall down. As if he was reenergized and unable to feel any pain, Natsu didn't even grimace and just scurried to crouch by Gajeel who had also sat up.

Remaining on the upper floor, [Name] moved to the border so that her legs could swing back and forth in the air. Muttering under her breath, "What did I tell you about squirming around, you little idiot...?"

Not catching that, Natsu remained all excited with a faint trace of hope rising. "I knew it! You were taught by a dragon?!"

"You, too?" unless he was an utter fool, there was no way Gajeel wouldn't figure that out. His expression not changing as he tried to hide his surprise.

"So, where is he now?" Natsu nearly jumped him and shook him for answers. Not that Gajeel cared, looking away from him, "Who knows?"

"Where is he now?!!"

"I said I didn't know!!"

The two slammed their foreheads against each other. Regretting it a second after, both crouching away from one another and scowling in pain.

[Name] turning away from them. Such severe stupidity might be contagious, after all.

"Damn it... Just talking to you makes my brain turn to mush." grumped Gajeel.

"Say that again!!"

Gajeel gazed at the blue and clear sky. Surrounded by the ruins of his guild and with the sunlight falling on him, Gajeel looked extremely lonely. "...He disappeared. Metalicana just vanished one day... Without so much as a word. Ttaku, what a selfish jerk."

This story sounded terrifyingly similar to Natsu. It was just way too similar for even him to not notice. "O-Oi, wait, that wasn't 7 years ago on July 7th, was it?"

"Wha-? Do you know where Metalicana is?"

"Why in the hell would I know where he is?! I'm looking for Igneel, a fire dragon. He also disappeared 7 years ago on July 7th." explained Natsu.

[Name] walked to their side, a frown engraved on her puzzled countenance, "What in the world...? So both your dragon parents disappeared 7 years ago, on the 7th day of the 7th month of the year X777..."