CH 16: FAIRY LAW

"I'm paying you back for everything... along with some added interest! You're gonna wish you never set foot onto Fairy Tail!"

Gajeel's instincts warned him deep down, but his pride and arrogance were stronger than that. He ignored the possible danger before him and sneered, green light surrounding him, "Who the hell do you think I am, you trash?!" Impulsively, Gajeel jumped at Natsu with his right fist raised, "Tetsuryuu no Gou Ken!"

Natsu met him with his own fist. Both their magic circles clashing along with their punches as their elements flew around them, smashing the floor and walls.

Suddenly, cracks formed on Gajeel's steel armor from his right hand and extended up his arm and to the rest of his body. In no time, the armor Phantom's Dragon Slayer was so proud of shattered. I am... the strongest...

"This is the end for you! Guren Karyuuken!" flaming fists rained down on Gajeel from all directions, and with the last one, Natsu sent him flying off. Gajeel's body broke through the wall, the force of all the attacks cutting off the head of the giant building.

Bricks dropped all over, the floor breaking down. The current Phantom Lord Guild was in no better condition than Fairy Tail's own building. You could even say it was in a worse state since parts of it were now underwater.

With most of the floor crumbling below them, the two Fairies moved to the sky. Lucy with Happy pulling her by the collar and [Name] floating in the air with a small square made of solid light under her.

With all the wreckage around, the trio made of two humans and one cat began looking for Natsu, calling out his name without getting an answer. Luckily, they soon saw him standing victoriously with Gajeel nearly unconscious not that far away from him.

"Natsu won!" cheered Happy.

What remained of Gajeel's clothes were now mostly torn. His skin covered with purple and red bruises as he laid with the ruins of his guild around him. "That d-damn... tra..."

"Now... we're even." The battle was over, the strongest members of Phantom Lord had been defeated. For the first time since the day began, Natsu could finally let the accumulated tension out. With the adrenaline gone, he could barely hold himself up any longer and he fell backward, laying limp with just as many bruises on his body.

"Natsu!"

[Name] moved down until she reached the floor. With her legs shaking the whole way due to the pain and blood loss, she rushed to him and kneeled by his side.

With her shadow falling over him, Natsu formed a grin with what little strength he had left, his right eye closed, "Huh, I guess I can't move any more..."

Sighing, her own lips curled, her bangs dropping as she leaned closer, "You idiot..." Her words were reprimanding, but her tone said anything but.

Lucy couldn't help the tears from forming. This was her guild, her home, and her new family. The family that had fought so desperately against Phantom and her father to keep her safe. Since after her mother's death, she had not felt such warmth and love. Even when she had run away from home and hoped to one day join Fairy Tail, she had never expected back then for her to fall in love more and more with this place. "You really overdo it, you know that?"

"Aye! He's Natsu all right!"

The usual bright beam of his that cheered up any day came out. Although he couldn't move the rest of his body, it was the same as always. Just as childish and full of life.

[Name] smiled down at him, her fists gripping her skirt tightly, I really... don't want to leave. Is it all right for me to be a little selfish and stay by your side for just a while longer...? Just a little longer... I beg you...