CH 10: FAIRIES VS PHANTOMS

"We have brought her, Master."

The cold voice of Juvia Lockser echoed inside the dark halls of the headquarters of the magic guild Phantom Lord. The building hid between the rocky mountains farther away from Oak Town and from where the Fairies had directed their attack.

Hearing her words, Master Jose turned his head to them as he stood by the stairs in the main hall, three figures staying behind him without moving, "Mmm. I expected no less from my Element 5."

Sol laughed in agreement, his body moving around while his legs stayed connected to the ground, "Non, non, non! Capturing her was a piece of cake."

A yellow magic circle appeared before him and the ground turned soft, [Name]'s body coming out of it.

The girl laid unconscious on the ground, bandages wrapped around her wounded torso. Her [Hair Color] locks and clothes still wet from the Water Lock.

One of the shadows behind, a thin male, tilted his head at the sight, "Why is she wounded?"

"My apologies, monsieur, she placed herself in front of my attack to protect her friend and was injured." Sol did a small curtsy, not seeming to be sorry at all.

Jose waved him off, stepping closer to the Fairy, "Doesn't matter as long as she-"

He cut himself off as he stared at her face, eyes narrowing more every second that passed, ".........YOU FOOLS!! This is not Lucy Heartfilia!"

"Wha-?!!"

"Didn't I show you a picture?! How could you get the wrong girl?!" shouted Jose.

Juvia only widened her eyes for a moment, her face turning back to normal as she pointed to her green-haired comrade, "I just left finding her to Sol-sama and didn't even look at the picture."

The Master continued growling as his anger kept rising. Another one of the shadows, a short female, laughing heartedly, "Hahaha! I can't believe you guys failed! How pathetic! And you call yourselves Phantom's Element Five?!"

"I'm so sorry, Master. I thought I would be able to see into their minds and didn't look at the picture either." Sol moved his hands around, sweat falling all over his body.

But hearing the last part, all of them snapped their heads to him in shock.

The red-haired master frowning alongside them, "Do you mean to say that you could not look into their memories when they passed over you?"

"Hai. I could barely grasp a second of Lucy Heartfilia-sama's memories so I knew it would be one of the two girls, but..." the wizard of the lands lowered his head, a fear he had been covering since their encounter crawling through his skin, "...there was this evil darkness hiding everything else from me. It was like staring into the gates of hell."

"I've never heard of magic like that. How sorrowful!" began crying another one of the figures, a tall male.

"So that means that that other girl who ran away was the one we were looking for." muttered Juvia in disinterest, "What should we do, Master?"

Jose observed the Fairy's face carefully, glancing quickly at the red guild mark on her upper left arm, "We'll capture the Heartfilia lady later. For now, we'll use this little Fairy for this phase of the plan." a dark smirk grew on his face and he crouched by her side, grabbing her hair and pulling her up, "As I thought... It was hard to recognize you in such a state, Akuma no Megami, [Full Name]."

"Eh~. So that's the famous God and Devil Slayer? She doesn't seem like much." mocked the female hiding in the shadows, crossing her arms.

On the other hand, the wizard of the sea narrowed her blue orbs, "Iya. From the very beginning, she wasn't trying to fight us but to buy time for her friend to escape, for the real Lucy Heartfilia-sama to escape. If she had truly fought us, we would have noticed she couldn't be the one we were looking for. She allowed herself to be captured to save her comrade."