Chapter 1: Broken

Chapter 1: Broken

.

The generals, guests officers, and the host city's very own military officers were frowning at each other in the Operations Conference Room. The senior and junior officers were flabbergasted by the reports that kept coming from their logistic panels. The fog of war was yet to subside from the battlefield in Buendia Valley and the after effects of the war is still felt by the higher ranked. Even the NPC noblemen living in Xargoal-6 is in disarray because their own shops have been replaced by the street vendors, the users, from the war.

The purpose of the conference was to discuss how they were going to hunt down Rogue but due to their main chess player missing these past two days, even the guest media representatives, Kathleen Brew and company, was beginning to feel displeased as well.

"He's so unpredictable..." Sighed the standing Guild Master of the Sylphs, Reynolds. "To actually ditch our appeal to join this cause. After all the money and fame in the line, I don't really understand how he could threw it all and vanish without any traces."

"I think its understandable." Said the TGG's Guild Master, Elsass, "Remember how he just appeared like that and then trashed all those people like they were an ant? I could only imagine what caused him to actually go all out like that against them."

Even though the line stung a deep wound in his pride, Elsass was still understanding. He had received reports from the Air Infantry Units that was tied by a woman that they were warned by this Destroyer. But it was already too late when he received the report because in his screen was already the burning image of Mooran and him and Rogue facing off a threatening stance. He knew at that moment that he had done something wrong so he immediately ordered the cease fire.

He regretted the fact that he had something to do with that sudden attack and offered support on the recovery of the Sylphs. As a man, he was pushed by his guilt and his pride to go after and correct the mistakes he had committed.

No, there's something else that's been bothering me...

On the side benches, seated in a cross legged manner, was FlowerLord who had Amanda clinging on tightly on her right arm.

She could feel that she was trembling. It wasn't due to the air-conditioning but rather it may be because of her natural tendency to be a softy. She knew that her friend was already at the verge of crying. The trembling hands are the signs of it and the tightening grip was one of its prompts.

Unable to take it ay longer, FlowerLord stood up and took Amanda with her.

Seeing that also made Kathleen follow them and upon escaping the scene of the tight aired conference room, Amanda finally broke into sobs that made FlowreLord embrace her. The sight also broke Kathleen's heart as the short sobs pierced through her chest like lightning that triggered her fighter side.

"This is unbelievable!" Kathleen exclaimed. "To think he was so selfish!"

But then Amanda spoke, "No. He's not like that."

"What are you talking about? Kathleen is right!" On that remark, FlowerLord held both Amanda's shoulders and her angry expression made Amanda purse her lips in an attempt to brace herself. "How could he just do it like that. Abandoning everyone like that!"

"No. He's not that kind of person!"

Kathleen couldn't help but feel amazed. Even though she went so far as to lie about their group being media representatives from her company, she never expected that The Destroyer would be this selfish.

She was angry herself right at this moment for him just ditching everything like that but to see Amanda, who, according to FlowerLord had endured the loneliness of having her first love gone with the wind, defend him like that, she just can't help but feel really amazed.