DECEIT

{BELA}
Life was good then. We frequently visited Daniel's place.
I never felt any discomfort on his face, when he acted being my husband in front of Daniel. This comforted me alot, but at the same time induced fear in me. Is he really having feelings for me? The way once Marsha said. The way Thomas, his friend and our lawyer said.
I was not certain about anything in my heart but one thing that I know was that now I liked his presence around me.

The feeling that he's sitting in the adjacent room, working gave me a sense of satisfaction. And now it seemed that the work wasn't forced on me. I loved it.
He gave me the keys to his suite, that I liked alot  naming it as a reward for my excellent work in Petkoffs deal.
Now I felt lighter and better. There was no burden on my head. There was no grief. Daniel was doing well. And Mr. Sehgal too was smiling more often. The two men in my life were happy and so was me.
Except for the fear that what will happen if anyhow Daniel comes to know the truth about my wedding.
I snapped out of my thoughts by the knock on my office door.
"Come in", I said and he entered.
I stood up, not ignoring the fact that he was my boss.
"Bela! Sit down... you don't have to act this formal.", He smirked at me.
I furrowed my eyes playfully, "I am not acting!"
He smiled at me, "Daniel has called me. He wants me to go..alone!"
"Alone!? But why!?", I asked him.
"Bela probably he figured out your bad acting skills. He must be doubting us... Remember that ring fascio...and then that us not having each other's Phone numbers.", He explained.
"I don't think he's as naive as you think he is. As he says, he has experience of years more than the sum of our ages!", He completed.
"I don't want to tell him anything. He'll be devastated.", I know my voice was cracky.
"I'll try my best.", He said and left.

It's been six hours since he left and I have got no information about him. Neither I received a call from Daniel. I didn't dial to anyone because I didn't want to sound extra desperate. Mr. Sehgal may understand but Daniel's doubt will be clarified.
It was now 9 in the night and there were no signs of him. Alice too wrapped up the work and went on getting ready to sleep.

Finally, left with no option, I dialled his number, for the first time in life. MAHIR popped up on the screen and their was fluttering in my stomach. The rings went on and on, while I kept on anticipating how his voice is on phone. How will I greet him?
I was wondering when the call got rejected.
And now my anxiety increased tenfolds! He rejected the very first call, I made him. How will he accept any advance if I make!?
I sighed and dialled Daniel's number. It won't be very unusual of me as I talk to him everyday after work.
"Hey Doll!", He chirped.
"Daniel...I hope you are going to sleep..!", I asked.
"Yes! My mom! I have had dinner and medicines..and I am going to bed.", He said laughing.
Now, I know Mr. Sehgal convinced him that everything between us is alright.
"Is Mahir back from the meeting!?", He asked.
Huh!? Mr. Sehgal has a meeting!? But Alice is in front of me...
"Daniel...did he tell you... actually I didn't get the time to talk to him, and now I was waiting for him.", I said and covered up, asking my question in a secret way.
"Yeah..I called him in the afternoon. Umm.. wanted to see him. Then after few hours he called me saying, he got an important engagement in the office.", My mouth formed an 'o' and then Daniel said, "Call him and see. If he's getting late, then have your dinner. Don't wait for him."
I understand his concern and realized that yes..I didn't had my dinner.
Disconnecting the call, I thought to head to his mansion. I should check on him. I hope he is fine! Because as far as I know, he's not having any meetings. And even if it is anything confidential, I being his chief accountant had to know about that!
However, some or the other place, I had some ill feeling. That same feeling I had when Daniel was hit by a bullet by my Dad's men. I was 17 then.
My heart was thumping hard.
I would have called Marsha, but she must not be gone by now.
I wanted to get some relief by seeing his face, those dark brown eyes, just once. I'll be alright then. Just one single glance and then I'll be fine. I dialed his number again only to be rejected again.