ESCAPE

{MAHIR}

"Bela grab my hand!", I tell her.
She was dazed by what I said but then also she followed.
"Bruce come out!", I dragged the bastard out of the room, into a lobby where I could see nothing but darkness.
Knowing I have Bela by my side, I called out to her, "Bela! Don't be scared...I am here."
Walking down the hallway, we were finally out of the basement.
The bloody basement that held my love captive!

The police was already aligned around this bastard's mansion.
That wife of his was already in the car, with some lady officers.
I see Thomas with some officers, who gave me a reassuring smile.

Just as they spotted me, they headed towards me to arrest the bastard in my hand.

In no time, he was in police's hands.
In the basement, there were some people from Mafia group also who got arrested.

I turned to Bela, who I saw was terrified seeing her father's fate.
Sad too.
I held her in my embrace, "He needs to be punished."
She looked up at me and as if read something.
"You will be with me always!? Will you!?"
I caressed her cheek and attempted to say yes, when a sudden jolt of pain, swimmed through my body.
With what I could hear, was a gunshot!
"Mahir!!!!!!", I hear her cry out loud.
It took me seconds to fall on the ground.
As I held her seconds ago, now she was holding me.
"Mahir!!", She cried again.
I turned my head to some other direction and found that bastard laughing, "I couldn't hit at your heart damn the officer! But you will now limp your whole life!"
I was hit on my leg, below my knee.

Before I could make out things, I saw just one thing.
Bela grabbed the gun in my hand and shot it in her dad's direction, who received the bullet at his heart, and literally shivered before he collapsed on the ground.
"You deserve to be killed!", She roared in a dangerous voice.
And then after the world before me blacked out.

{BELA}

Thomas and Bruce ran towards me, as I saw an unconscious Mahir in my arms.
"Call the ambulance!", Thomas shouts.
Bruce reached out to hold Mahir and in no time, he was in the ambulance.
I stood still there, as they covered my dad's corpse in a white cloth.

Mahir was there, in the ambulance.
I should have ran towards him, but my legs gave way.
Like any other time, my cheeks were not stained rather they held the touch, he did just moments ago, trying to console me.

My dad was killed by me. My husband was dying for me.

"Bela! C'mon the ambulance has to leave!", Thomas called out to me.
"I am going to the police station!", I told him.
Some moments of silence told me he's confused.
"I am a murderer."
I hear him gasp.
"Bela...you are not guilty. It was retaliation!", He calls an officer, who runs in my direction.
"Officer! Tell her that she isn't guilty.", Thomas says desperately.
"Madam..you aren't! You just tried to save your husband...we are witnesses... you don't have to worry...there are just some formalities...that's it!", He explained and nodding towards Thomas he went away.
"Bela! Told you...!"
"I am not guilty for them. But that's not the truth."
"You prefer seeing Mahir dead, than that bastard dad of yours, who killed good knows how many, including your mother!", He yelled at me.
I couldn't hear anything except 'Mahir dead!'.
My legs suddenly wanted to walk in the direction where the love of my life is, bleeding for me!

In a matter of seconds, we were standing in front of the operation theater.
Bruce, Thomas, and me.

I was numb.