REUNION

{BELA}

Taking a deep breath, I looked up at him again, to verify that I am not dreaming.
He stood at the door all silent, waiting for me to reply to his call. But I was too numb to react!
The man of my dreams, the man of my world, the one I desire more than any other joy of the world. The one whose mere glance can lighten up my world, whose mere sight can make my night a morning, whose mere thought can light up my senses was standing before me.

"Mahir!", when words gained some coherency, I uttered.
As if just waiting for my voice, he ran towards me, as if these six steps distance is the longest he covered. As if any more distance will drift us apart forever. As if I was his last hope for life. As if I was that last piece of grain, he had to savour!

I couldn't let everything seep in me, when he suddenly grabs me and hugs me.
Like a response to stimulus, my hands hugged him like that's what they were waiting to do.

"Bela... you're alright!? You know how scared I was! You know I felt like I am living in hell! Why you had to do this? You even realize what I was going through...how will I live without you!?... you can no....", He's interrupted by a sharp, shrill and disastrous voice.
A gun shot!

I snapped my head in the direction, tightening my hold on him.
"Welcome Son-in-law!", The voice of the monster reverberates in the room.
I find Mahir looking at him, with hate filled eyes, as he grabbed me more tightly.
"I dare you to touch her, you'll find yourself dead on the floor!", His voice boomed.

The man in front, started laughing.
I wonder how come my mom loved this ridiculous man.
How can she even think of living with this devil for whole damn life!?
I am kinda happy she died before witnessing his true colors!

"Dear son-in-law,
I knew you'll be here, the moment Olivia stepped in.
You think I am a fool! You think I can't read the rotten minds of this young generation!
Okay then! Enough of your blows on my mind...stay here and devour each other."
He laughed.
"By the way, if you're thinking of ways to escape this place, then know one thing. You can't!
But! You can only if you offer me something I'll feel is worth negotiable with your freedom. MS! You are a businessman, and my princess, you have masters in accounts! I want you both to propose me something excellent, so I could set you free...bye bye!"

And in no time, the door was shut!
It was a sound proof room, and hence no voices came from out of the room.

I was contemplating for a while, but then I realized how disastrous situation we were in!

We both can be killed. It's no more just about me, it's about him too. The gunshot has already taken a toll on me!

I felt him engulfing me and the sudden reaction that came was to push him away!
"How dare you come here!? He can kill you damn!", I yelled at him.
"Be.."
"Stop! You know you spoiled everything. How the hell you came to know I am here!? Huh!! You have to act smart everywhere, and be the hero! When you are the dumbest creature on Earth.", I was yelling and he took a chair, the one Olivia left, kept it beside me, pulled me to my seat and sat himself on other one.
"Now yell...", He sat there folding his hands over his chest, looking straight into my eyes.

"You were no one to come and interfere in my life. You are ridiculous!", I resumed my act of still being raged at him, when the guilt of several things was consuming the hell out of me.
The guilt of how wrong I have been thinking about him.
The guilt of how I am shouting at him now!