SMILE

{BELA}
He was lying on the bed, with his one hand below his head and other, the injured one spread on the bed, staring at the terrace. His eyes were cold, and held no emotions. For me.

I tried to approach him many times after we reached here. But he very actively ignored me. A tinge of guilt was rushing throughout my body, for I did hurt him by my hateful words. He had been good to me, but how should I ignore those images that b*tch sent me.
I admit, I can't see him with any other woman specially that Olivia...
I am myself surprised on why his touch didn't offend me even the one percent of what it did seeing him in the images!
My love for him, was overpowering that practical side of mine.
How come I am becoming so difficult to manage!?
How can I not tolerate seeing him with anyone else?
I am strong. I have seen my dad giving love to my step sisters and neglecting me. I did suffer but never it offended me, or led to an outburst as this.

His feelings are another and new matter of my concern.
Should I apologise to him!?
But what if he still remains cold.
It did effects me, seeing him so distant because I love him and I cannot deny that.

I reached to him and tried to initiate a conversation.
"Mahir.. change your clothes..these jeans must be uncomfortable...wait I'll get your clothes.", Without waiting for any reaction, i proceeded to the couch table, where his bag was kept.
He packed many clothes. He's planning to stay here longer. A smile crept my lips.

I took out a black hoodie and grey lower for him. Black suits him.
In these eight months of my marriage, I for the first time was doing something, a wife should do. And that feeling was heart warming!
"Take these!", I said as I felt him behind me.

Without looking at me, he pulled his bag and brought out another pair and went to the washroom.
I was left there, disappointed and frustrated. This cold treatment wasn't doing any good to me.
And I was feeling miserable..

I stood there still and he was already out of the washroom. He ignored me like I don't exist.
I turned to where he was currently, "You're mad at me!?", I wanted to be sure before apologizing. I don't want to embarrass myself.
He ignored again.
Okay. No confusion now.
"Mahir... listen! You need to hear!", Calling him Mahir was not going well with me. It was like a lack of respect for him.
"Listen once...", I held his hand as he was moving past me.
Just when our hands touched, a current ran down my spine and I could feel, he felt the same, as he abruptly stopped.
Our eyes met.
"My touch will burn you.", He said and pulled back his hand immediately.

Before I could react, he stormed off to Daniel's room.
I tried to interpret what he said and then thought about our argument.
"Don't dare touch me! You are no one....I have seen your true colors. You are just being nice, so as to get my body!"
Shit! What the hell did I say!!
My hands were on my face wiping the very new tears. I have to apologise...I have no damn option!

{MAHIR}

I wake up as light forced my eyes to open. It was a bright sunny day. The cool breeze was entering my room, through the window.
I spread my hands, and felt the bed.
The duvet was already gone, on the floor. Damn my sleeping habits!
I push open my eyes and find the other side empty.
She's probably awake now.
My right hand was still hurting. My anger will kill me one day...
Groaning, I sit on the bed.
It was then I noticed the new dressing on my hand.
Huh!?
It was no more her towel, but a well tied warm wrap, with some ointment also.
I examined it and eventually found something written on the wrap that was on my palm.
"On the bed table.."
Huh!?
What!?
I looked towards the bed table and found water, a pain killer, and a paper.
I picked up the paper and now I knew, who has written this.
Bela.
I recognize her hand writing very well.
"Good Morning!
Your hand must be paining, and so here's a pain killer, your family doctor from Britain prescribed. It won't harm.
Also, I am sorry for hurting you. Whatever I said was in a fit of anger, and I didn't mean a bit of it. I would have said this, rather writing but then, I know you too are mad at me.
Please try to forgive me...
I am waiting for you, downstairs for the breakfast....
  - B"