Chapter 12

Taehyung groans as he loosens his tie, slumping himself into the chair behind the table while pinching his nose bridge. The meeting with the client went fine, but the article he just read just made everything bad. The article from 3 years ago has resurfaced and the media are now connecting the dots of the past incident with the current one. The last thing he needed is to read anything related to Hwayoung.

As much as he still loves her, he has long accepted that she will never come back to him.

Hwayoung left, without any notice

Hwayoung left, without any notice. She didn't even contact him since that day, and it has been 3 years. Taehyung knows it will be entirely impossible for her to finally contact him but deep down, he still hopes for her to come back to him. He wants her back with him.

"Can I come in?"

Taehyung's eyes flicked open when he heard Jungkook's voice from the other side of his door. "Come in, Jungkook"

Jungkook slowly pushes the door open, craning his neck, lips curving a wide grin. Inching inside slowly, closing the door silently behind him, he looks at Taehyung looking like he just sailed the Indian ocean alone—a total mess.  Shaking his head, he walks up to him, placing one cup of iced tea on his table before taking a seat.

"You're a mess"

"Everything is a mess"

"Don't think about the article. I have it settled. It will be taken down any minute". Jungkook assured him as he watches Taehyung frowning as he sighs. "I have taken down a few as well. I'll make sure to pay more attention to those. You don't have to worry about it"

Opening his heavy eyes slowly, he looks at Jungkook sitting comfortably in front of him, legs crossed as he looks at him

Opening his heavy eyes slowly, he looks at Jungkook sitting comfortably in front of him, legs crossed as he looks at him. He is grateful to have Jungkook and Jimin in his life. They have been nothing but a great help and a blessing. His pillars of strength. They quarrel and bicker all the time till Karin feels like throwing the three of them into a room, lock it and destroy the only key to the room. They may fight like cats and dogs, but they can't live without each other.