Chapter 21

Risa stretches her hands above her head as she yawns. Twisting her body left and right, loosening her stiff body after getting a very sound sleep last night. She stayed in the whole Sunday, cleaning the house even though there were not much to clean. She baked some cookies and a cake to calm her mind and ordered some fried chicken for dinner. She decided to rest her mind after such a disturbing week. Horrible week to be exact.

"Why is today Monday already?"

Reaching for her phone, she lies down on her back as she checks on the notifications flooding in.

Eri :

Can you come to the café todayyyyy. I am bored☹️☹️☹️☹️

Risa :

I am finally getting a Monday off. Can you let me sleep?💩

Eri :

Don't be a sloth. Come here and accompany me. Hani is coming too. She has nothing to do. I have foood🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐🥐

Risa :

You hoes. I'll come around noon🙄

Eri :

You don't have to stay at the office, anymore right? So you're not going to see your baby taetae anymore?🥺

Risa :

Baby...taetae...what....🗿

Eri :

Aren't you going to miss himmmmmmm🥺

Risa :

Why in the world would I miss him

Eri :

who knows? You met him everyday last week. Would it be weird not seeing him today?

Risa :

Do you really think I will want to meet him?🙄

Eri :

Dont hate on him too much hoe. You'll end liking him instead🤡

Risa rolled her eyes reading Eri's reply, ignoring her instead of replying. But true, it does feel weird not having Taehyung waiting out of her house early in the morning, hearing him nags about having to pick her up and then having him play his old jazz songs in the car that made her want to go to sleep again.

Well, Eri might be partially right about this.

-

Hani sits on the comfy chair, dressed in her tight black pants, a matching black long sleeved turtleneck, her hair tied into a high bun. She has been feeding on the croissants Eri served her since morning and she has not moved ever since. She has been scrolling her phone, online shopping as she kills time waiting for Risa to come over.

"Should I get this bag or—"

"You're very brave to be dressing up like this when Jungkook is around", Eri cuts her off as she lowers herself into the chair right in front of her. "Aren't you scared he might see you?"

"The possibility of him coming down here at this hour is maybe 5%. Thus, I am safe"

Eri shakes her head before slowly reaching for freshly brewed cup of coffee, sipping it slowly. She placed the cup gently on the table before looking at Hani again.

"Did he really just leave like that...?"

Hani whom has been focused on her phone stopped scrolling the page as her eyes flicked up to meet Eri's curious pair of eyes. Gulping slowly while averting her eyes , feeling a part of herself breaking at the thought of Jungkook leaving her the morning after, without any note or text. True, it was initially just a one-night stand but, there's no harm in hoping for more.

He has been on her mind since that night, the conversation they had, the laugh they shared—everything.

"Maybe he wants nothing more. By the look of it, he might not even remember my name. That's fine. I don't know why I am feeling like this anyway. He left so I guess that's that."

Eri watches as Hani curled herself into a ball, hugging her legs as she sighs over and over. Hani has never been like this, not even once. Countless guys she had a fling with, she never even once talked about it. It was just a mere one-night stand and that's all. But this time, it's different. Hani has been daydreaming all day, checking her phone time to time for whatever reason.

She's definitely liking this guy

"He didn't leave any note? Or maybe a contact number...?",

"No", shaking her head slowly, Hani lets out a regretful sigh as she reaches for her cup of hot chocolate.

Carefully wrapping her fingers around the mug while her mind drifting away, she accidentally lost grip on the handle making the mug slipped off her fingers, spilling the milky drink on the table and also, all over her phone. Snapping out of her thoughts, she quickly reached for the mug, placing it upright as she hears Eri panicking, and a waitress running to them with a dry cloth.

"Oh god, Haniii what is going on with you?", Eri panics as she reaches for Hani's phone, wiping it using the serviette. She quickly tries to remove Hani's pink marble soft phone case, realizing that the drink might have gone through the case staining her phone. She carefully pulled one end of the cover only to find a small paper falling onto her thigh.

"What is this?". Lost and confused, she placed Hani's phone on the table, one hand picking up the small folded white paper. Eyebrows furrowed as she unfolds the paper, curious at the note she found in Hani's phone case.

"What is thattttt?", Hani asked lazily as she takes another sip of her leftover chocolate drink.

Eri's mouth flung opened as she finally reads the note written on the small paper. Doubting her eyes as she read the short note again and again, thinking she might have gone crazy as she grasps each and every letter and also numbers written, into her head. Slowly flicking her eyes up to see Hani looking at her weirdly, and very confused too.

"I think...you should read this yourself"

Hani takes the note from her hand, still looking at Eri weirdly before dropping her gaze onto the small paper in her hand.

I really love our talk last night.

Perhaps, we can meet again?

Call me, 136-1401-0997

-JK

Eyes widening, feeling a tiny jolt of electricity shooting up to her heart, Hani battles her eyelashes in disbelief. She reads it again, trying to make sure her eyes are not deceiving her, because the note sounds and looks unreal to her. Her grip on the paper tightens as she swallowed hard and slow, feeling her heart pacing in an uneven rhythm,  too shock with the sudden discovery of the little note from that one guy she has been thinking about since that night.

"And you thought he didn't leave you a note", Eri raises her eyebrows playfully as she smirks. "JK? He calls himself JK?"

"I-I don't—"

"Choi Hani, if only you could see your face right now. You are blushingg. Oh god, just what have this JK done to you"

Hani couldn't hide the small flicker of excitement , her lips slowly curving into a shy smile as she looks at the small note again. She couldn't believe that Jungkook did not just leave her without a note that morning. But instead, he slipped a note into her phone cover and it took her days to realize that.

But the question now is; is she ready to give him a call?

~~~~~

NOTE

Finally an update! This week has been chaotic with my work swallowing me alive. But, I am glad I can finally sit down and edit this chapter! I hope this chapter is enjoyable! Thank you for reading this! I love you xxx