Chapter 64

Karin checks her attire one last time in the mirror before rushing to the conference hall, doing another round of ground check before the event commences in about 30 minutes. She feels anxious all of sudden, realizing her hands cold and clammy despite having done this countless time. Perhaps her fatigue and exhaustion has taken a toll on her making her restless.

Amidst preparing for this important meeting, she has been worried endlessly about Risa. She has no idea where she has gone after that incident that night, not even a word from her at all.

Like Taehyung said, as if she just vanished into thin air, leaving no trace of her existence.

"Karin!"

She turned around to see Jimin pacing fast towards her with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Sit down and drink this. You look tired and you're not supposed to look like you didn't sleep last night. I'll welcome the guests, you stay at the back. Don't push yourself", Jimin pushes her down so that she sits on the small chair just beside the door.

Karin lets out a heavy sigh as she takes the coffee, holding it tight in her hands taking in the warmness of the cup. Her heart is beating so fast, making her entire body feels restless.

"You look terrible. Are you sure you can work today?", Jimin sounded worried.

"I can. Don't worry about me"

"You're still thinking about Risa, aren't you?"

"A little", she sighs. "Maybe more. Where is she, Jimin? Are we in the wrong for putting her in this situation? I mean, she lived a normal life before she met us. And now we—"

"Kim Min Jung", Jimin cuts her off sternly, catching her off guard.

She gulped nervouslg as her eyes shifts to look at him, stunned at the sound of her real name coming out from his lips. No one has ever dared to address her with her real name, except Jimin. And this could be the second time he has ever called her that.

"You need to rest assured she is fine. She is fine, Eri asked me to tell you that she is completely fine. And, Risa sent her regards to you. She will meet you soon, she said", Jimin finally confessed.

"Wh-What did you say? You talked to her?", Karin's eyes finally light up.

"No, not her. But to her friend, Eri", he shakes his head. "Now, drink that coffee and gather yourself"

-

The hall begins filling up, a number of corporate representatives from various local group of companies arriving one by one. Seated in the conference hall, all of them kept themselves busy catching up with each other, talking about the memo that has been announced by Mister Takehiro Isane, the biggest shareholder of the Kim's group, alongside Taehyung's father.