Chapter 14

"It's going to be long dinner, don't go anywhere and stay close to me", Taehyung said as he parks his car at the valet parking.

It won't be a lie that the whole 20 minutes-drive with Taehyung was boring because both of them were quiet. He didn't utter a single word, eyes focused on the road, occasionally glancing out of the windows the entire journey. Risa on the other hand, has been focusing on how tight the dress she has on, beginning to regret her own decision on agreeing to wearing this body-hugging red dress. Fidgeting here and there, feeling her breath hitching every time she thinks about walking out into the crowd in the dress—she must be crazy.

And to add to that, the entire car journey was filled with some classical coffee shop jazz songs that somehow intrigues her interest on Taehyung's music state. Some songs are really pleasant to her ears, wanting to know the name of the song but she couldn't bring herself to ask.

He has an old soul indeed. Who would have thought?

Casually fixing her hair, she scans the view in front of her taking in the sight of bright orange lamps lining the entire path to the entrance of the venue they are at. Beautiful white and green with hints brown and gold marble floor gracing the entrance of the hotel lobby, a large majestic chandelier illuminating the massive space making it looks like a scene from a cinderella movie.

Reaching for the door handle but only to be stopped by Taehyung. "Don't move. Wait here till I tell you so"

"What?"

"Stay inside the car till I tell you so", he said with a low voice earning a questionable look from her

Swiftly getting out of his car, Taehyung can't help but to laugh to himself as he walks to passenger side. He opens the door, before gesturing Risa to come out of the car.

"Now, you can get out of the car"

Risa raised both her eyebrows, seemingly taken aback by his action. She looks at him, eyebrows furrowed as she tries to register everything.

Did Taehyung just purposely said that so that she won't open the door by herself?

"You're really annoying, aren't you?", she snaps.

"Miss, this is what people call chivalry. Or in other words, gentleman. You think I will let people see me making my girlfriend opens the door by herself? I wouldn't dare to do that."

Risa halted her movement when she saw Taehyung putting one hand out, as if asking her to take his hand as she gets out of the car. She stares at his hand for a good few seconds before flicking her eyes to meet his cold stare.

"If you are expecting me to take your hand and—"

Without a warning, Taehyung swiftly took her hand in his, leaning forward towards her making her inched backward in reflex.