Chapter 54

Eri watches as the late evening sky begin to paint the entire sky above in shades of purple and orange

Eri watches as the late evening sky begin to paint the entire sky above in shades of purple and orange. The combination makes the sky looks almost like a beautiful portrait.. She loves it when she gets to witness the sun setting, observing as people rushes out of their workplace, heading home or maybe heading out to see their loved ones. It has been her new favorite routine—observing people.

"Eri"

Hearing her name being called, she turned to the left to find Hani standing a few feet away from her. Hani raised both her eyebrows as she pushed a can of coffee into her hands and joined her at the rooftop.

"You really love going to the rooftop these days. I literally panicked when I couldn't find you at the café"

Laughing lowly to herself, Eri glance at her before turning to look at the view again. "I have been too busy with work these past few weeks. I feel like I am losing track of myself at times"

"What's wrong?", Hani asked, slightly worried as she tugs on her arm. "Did something happen?"

"No", shaking her head softly, she takes a sip of the cold coffee. "It's just, maybe, it's just me reflecting on my life. Things has been overwhelming these days. With Risa suddenly in this horrendous mess and you—wait, now that you mentioned. How things have been going between you and Jungkook?",

Hani lets out a soft "hmm" as she focused on the distant orange sun setting, gulping her coffee once more as she thinks. "I am taking it slow. I like him. I really do. I think I might be falling in love with him. But, I want to make sure I am ready to be in love with him. He is just so kind, and he—I don't know. He has so much love to give, and he's not scared to show it"

"That confuses you?"

Hani looks down, gripping on the coffee tighter as tiny jitters of emotions begin to build, sending mixed signals to her heart and head. She loves him, she is sure of it. But she is not sure of herself. She has no idea if she is capable of loving someone like Jungkook.

"Hani, if only you could see the way your eyes sparkle right now", Eri chuckles as she turns to look at her confused friend.

"I am shy. Don't do this to me", rolling her eyes, Hani scoffs as she lightly punches Eri's upper arm. "I am taking it slow. I really am"

"I am glad you are. You're doing great. But let me know if he ever breaks your heart. I will definitely roast him alive"

Grinning at Eri's joke, Hani rests her forearms on the cold steel railing as her eyes observes the bright lights coming from the road beneath them.

"Joon came back right?", she suddenly asked.

"Yes"