Chapter 73

Taehyung waits at the car, leaning on the door as he waits for Risa. He promised to take her out for dinner after work, wanting to spend more time with her despite being in a meeting with her in the morning. The clicking sound of heels made him look up, finding her walking towards him from the lift. She looks so much different compared to those days before. He is so used to her dressing so casual, looking like a young adult that it never fails to catch him off guard whenever she dresses for work. She loves wearing a pantsuit and it's not lie that she looks so good in it.

"You look tired"

"I am", she replied without looking at him, heading straight to the passenger seat.

"You want to go home instead?"

"No", she shakes her head as she gets into the car, leaving him dumbfounded outside

Something feels off....

The entire journey towards the restaurant were quiet, only the sound of the song slowly playing in the backgroun and the faint sound of the vehicles around them. Risa didn't even look at him once, instead, she kept her eyes focused on the road and occasionally glancing out of her windows. Taehyung noticed the change of her mood, making him curious about the cause of it.

Did something happen at her office? Did she fight with her sister that it made her have this mood swing? Did she fight with one of the girls? Or she is just extremely tired because she had no rest since the first day of her appointment. So many possibilities run in his head, making him clueless as he tries to think about it.

"Hey, what's wrong?", he asked softly, hands still on the wheels.

"Nothing"

"You're not being you

"You're not being you. You're too quiet", he added, glancing at her before focusing back on the road. "Did anything happen at work?"

"No. Everything is fine", she sighs but she still didn't turn to look at him.

Taehyung sensed the tone in her voice making him think about things he could have done instead. He knows it too well because that's the tone Karin used on him whenever she wants him to realize his own mistake.