Chapter 29

"Miss....?", He calls her again when he gets no respond, instead she looks at him with that confused eyes hidden behind that thick glasses.

"Oh-I am sorry. T-thank you for helping me",quickly bringing her gaze down, trying to look calm as she hesitantly takes the bookmark from his hand. Deep down, she hopes that he won't recognize her. She lowers her head, trying her very best to hide her face from him.

Just don't look at me just don't look at me please just move along

Jungkook couldn't help but to catch that faint smell of sandalwood and something musky as he stands around her. He remembers that particular smell clearly and that made him look at her once again. As he watches her hand reaching for the bookmark in his hand, his eyes caught the aquamarine ring on her ring finger.

His mind trails back to the night he firsr met Hani, that particular night he remembers very well. He asked about the ring she has on her ring finger, curious if she has any personal reason for wearing it.

"I custom ordered it. I want it to be special thus I designed it too. Aquamarine is my favorite color. I don't want people wearing similar stuffs with what I am wearing"

Unconsciously, he caught her hand startling her.

"Hani?"

The sound of her name coming out his lips send shivers down her spine, making her entire body jolted in surprise. His eyes look into hers, trapping her in a slow trance as she feels her heart hammering beneath her tight skin, making it so damn hard to breathe. Wanting to look away, but the way his doe eyes, gleaming as he looks at her—it made her froze.

 Wanting to look away, but the way his doe eyes, gleaming as he looks at her—it made her froze

That mesmerizing doe eyes of his.

"Hani? You're Hani right—Where have you—I mean—"

Pulling her hand away from his, averting her eyes as she looks away. Her entire body trembling in shock, reacting to the unexpected encounter. Just a few while ago, she was thinking of him , trying to shove him out of her head. And now he's here, right in front of her.

Jungkook stood there, finding himself looking down at the woman sitting on the chair, in disbelief. He remembers Hani as the rose gold haired foxy woman, feisty and almost like a vixen. But then, the woman in front of him is nothing compared to those traits. Decked in a soft pink loose cotton shirt paired with a denim colored cotton pants, her shorter hair dyed to the darkest shade of black and her bare faced with only a hint of light balm. That natural face of hers that is perhaps, hundred times better than when she had make-up on the last time he saw her.

Despite her looking entirely like a different person, Jungkook remembers that pair of soft eyes, beaming with so much warmth that swooned him that night. Her eyes are like that faint ray light on a winter morning, soothing your insides as it dives deeper, engulfing your soul. Her eyes are filled with warmness—and he likes it. So much.