Part 36

JAYLA MILL

"Baby" my mom knocked on my room door. I quickly wiped my tears and turned over slightly covering my face with the cover. "You awake?" I heard the door slowly open.

I stayed silent and laid there with my eyes close until I heard the door close back and continued to cry. I've been crying for the past few days and just holding everything in.

I rarely leave my room or talk to anyone in the house. Kayla's words really got to me and got me thinking.

She's honestly right, it seems like I'm always the one comforting people. I'm always the one trying to brighten up the mood, but when I need someone to vent to I'm all alone.

I mean sometimes Kayla would listen, but she didn't listening for real. She would just tell me brush it off or as she loves to say, I'm doing too much and overthinking.

Today us girls were supposed to dress fitting with my mom since they're getting married in literally a week. I don't want to go though and I know my mom's going to force me, which is why I'm trying to fake sleep and sick so she'd just let me stay.

"Aye" Kash knocked before entering. "Come on, I know you not sleep. Momma trynna reschedule her appointment because she not trynna leave you here" he pulled back my covers.

"Kash stop, I don't wanna go" I hid my face into the pillows.

"What you crying for Jay?" He pulled me up. I sat with my face in my knees sniffing.

"Bro" Kayla walked in. "Can you come on, I didn't get dressed for nothing"

"Kayla get out fuck" Kash told her.

"Attention seeker I swear" she laughed leaving.

"I'm finna kill myself" I threw my head and I wasn't being serious, just saying it.

"Aye, say that shit again and I'll beat yo ass" Kash scolded. "You talking out the side of yo neck" he mushed me.

"Well at least somebody cares"

"Everybody cares bout you Jay. Now wassup?"

KAYLA MILL

"Okay ladies so you're all here to help the bride correct?" Ella asked us and me and Keionna nodded. Jayla had her headphones in staring at her phone.

I mentally rolled my eyes and Keionna took the headphones out her ear. "What?" She asked.

"She talking to us pay attention" Keionna laughed.

"Okay, so bride what are you looking for?" Ella asked

"Honestly, I don't know. I want something big, but not too big" my mom explained.

"Well, you can all browse around for a dress that you really love and then Jayce, we'll have you try them on and then we'll go from there" Ella smiled.

"Okay, thank you"

Ella nodded and walked away. Everybody split up going their own separate ways scouting for dresses. There were so many to choose from, and I was scared that we'd run out of time.