43 ~ Hooky

Waking up early, I'm too pleased with our current positioning to move.

Both of us on our sides with my arms wrapped around Scarlett. A smile works its way onto my face as look I at her, still sleeping soundly. I pull myself away to handle my business before sneaking downstairs and making coffee. Mom and dad already left for work, meaning it's just us and Ronnie in the house. I hum to myself as I go back upstairs, trying my best not to spill the coffee.

I'm surprised to find Scarlett awake, leaned up against my headboard. Her hair is sticking a million different directions but the bags underneath her eyes seem smaller.

"Morning." I whisper, closing the door behind me so we don't wake Ronnie up.

She smiles sleepily, taking the coffee from me. "Good morning."

"You seem well rested." I offer, sitting in front her. She doesn't sound tired anymore, which is a plus.

Scarlett's too busy drinking her coffee to reply so she hums a response. Maybe I should've brought her water instead. She doesn't need anything to make her anxious.

The questions I asked Sage are still in my mind. I know I shouldn't ask her after the picture's already been painted for me loud and clear, but there is one thing I want to know.

"Is there an actual reason you sleep better with me?"

She sets her now empty mug down on my nightstand, focused on her fingers. "I told you yesterday, I trust you more than I trust anyone else." She looks up at me. "I meant that in every physical way possible."

I gulp at this, feeling honored as she adds. "Besides, I like the way you smell. It calms me."

She looks like she feels like a major idiot but a happiness tugs within my heart. "And how do I smell, Sweetheart?

"Like mint."

She kicks the blankets off and my heart begins to beat a million miles an hour. My shirt hangs off, exposing her collarbone and her taunt rings in my mind.

The girl I love is in my bed. Wearing my clothes and I just can't help myself. I pull her legs so she's flat on her back before crawling over her. Her breath hitches when I stop, my face inches from hers. I look at her in questioning, but she puts her hands behind my head and crashes my lips into hers. Her hands run through my hair, driving me wild.

I work my way down her neck, enjoying the warmth of her pulse. I stop above her collarbone, pressing one kiss that causes her to giggle. Despite wanting to do nothing more than continue I pull back, yesterday's no still fresh in my mind.

"It's ok." She whispers, touching my face.

I press another kiss to her soft spot, savoring the giggle. Not in a rush knowing we practically have all the time in the world. I brush my tongue over the spot causing her to gasp as she tugs my hair. This sparks another idea.

I nibble my teeth on the spot and she moans. I smile against her skin, loving that I can make her react like that. Her hands begin to roam over my body, feeling like electricity wherever she touches. Reaching the bottom of my shirt, I pull away long enough to throw it off of me.

Her hands run over my torso and I can tell she's had enough of the slowness. Quickly, I flip us over so she's now leaning over me.

She attacks my lips with a force I've never felt before. My hands rest at her hips, keeping her in place. She works her way down my neck, skipping over my spot. I grip her tighter causing her to stop. Just when I think I've done something wrong she reaches up and takes her shirt off, leaving just her bra.