59 ~ Light

Waiting for Scarlett in the parking lot after our last day of school, our friends all wander up to me.

"Lover boy, try not to be too lost without me this summer." Gabe cries, practically throwing himself on me.

Slapping his back hard enough to leave a handprint, I shove him off. "I give it three days before you're calling me."

He rolls his eyes, "Please, Sage is the clingy type, not me."

Sage barks out a protest but Ella smirks, "I can confirm."

Snickering, I watch as he crosses his arms over his chest. "I'll remember that the next time you beg to cuddle."

Ella turns bright red and James reaches his hand out for a high five, "Dude, Stella has shown up at midnight just to cuddle. She's like a cat. Moody but desperate for unrequited affection."

"I am not, James Robert King, you shut your mouth right this instant or it will be a very painful summer for you. In case you forgot, you're visiting my family and I don't have to tell them to like you." Stella seethes.

James laughs, forcing her into a hug that she doesn't reciprocate, Stella just glares at Sage and Gabe who are dying with laughter.

"Who knew our little Stella was such a softie." Gabe says between laughs.

Avery scoffs, "Please, didn't you get sent home in first grade after bawling your eyes out when we watched The March of the Penguins?"

Zev and James share a look, "Holy shit, how could we forget?"

"He cried again when we watched it three years ago." Sage recalls.

Gabe punches him forcefully, "Bro, you promised to keep that secret between us."

Oh, wow. Tears begin to form just thinking about it.

"Sage cried over the Sarah McLachlan adopt a dog commercial till he was 14!" Gabe tries to point out.

"He still does." Ella informs us.

"Those animals need someone to love them, you people just don't have a heart. Ella cries whenever she sees a clown."

"Do you not remember when we had clowns randomly running around attempting to kill people?" She protests defensively before glaring at her best friend. "Stella cried her eyes out watching The Notebook."

Her laugher dies quickly, "You and Scarlett swore to never share that, I was hormonal. James cried when he couldn't parallel park in the city on valentine's day."

"I was frustrated!" He shouts.

"And you still slept with him?" Zev asks, doubling over in disbelief.

Stella gasps, definitely angered to know we all know when they first slept together and James knows it too. "Zev cried after he hooked up with Katie Keel."

"I was drunk, sorry if I thought she was perfect in my alcohol diluted mind."

"Avery cried after we watched Bambi when we were 10, that was the first time I realized she had a heart." Sage offers and Avery glares at him