Bonus ~ Cuddles

Who would've thought a piece of paper would be so important for my future?

Changing my clothes in the school locker room, I try to imagine where my life would've ended up if I didn't move here.

I wouldn't have the grades I do. I wouldn't have the friends I have. I wouldn't have the relationship I have.

I certainly wouldn't have a football career.

Grabbing my tie, I make my way to the hall.

"Hey there, handsome, doing anything important today?"

My eyes land on the girl smirking as she shoves herself off the wall and takes my tie.

"Nothing important, beautiful, why you asking?" I play along, angling my head so she can tie my bow tie for me.

"Just wondering, there's a whole lot of commotion out there." She grins, pecking my lips.

Holding her hand, we walk through the halls.

Scarlett's silk, crimson skirt flows behind her, distracting me from our destination.

Stopping outside the auditorium, I keep her in place. "Please sit with me when I sign."

"Ash, that's something for your family to do with you." She reminds me, fingers reaching up to fix my hair.

"You are my family." I correct her, knowing we both think that way.

Pursuing her lips in debate, I offer puppy dog eyes to seal the deal.

"No, I'm not going to take this experience away from your parents." She stands firm.

"But it's my special moment and I get nervous with people staring." I pout, running my fingers through her straightened hair.

"Well you can focus on me in the crowd, forget about everyone else."

"Just know I'll be picturing you naked." I grin, "I've been told that's a good tactic."

Rolling her eyes, Scar opens the door. My parents wave me over, wearing identical smiles that remind me of how proud they are.

"Ashy!" Ronnie and Saffron cry, barreling towards me in almost identical outfits.

"Does this mean you leave tomorrow?" Saff questions as they hug me.

My heart stops for a moment, "No, I leave for the weekend and come home Sunday. It's just my official visit."

Since I start in January and Alabama has a bye-week this weekend, it's the best weekend for us to go down.

We leave Friday night after my game.

"Ashton, any words for your adoring fans?" Silver demands, shoving the camera in my face.

"What do you want to know?" I ask.

Sterling flips me off, "Don't be a dick."

"Follow your dreams kids and one day you'll have a better hobby then filming others for views." Sticking my tongue out, I hide behind Scarlett.

They know better than to mess with her.

"Oh my gosh, Ashton, can I have your autograph?" Sage cries, flinging himself on me.

"I don't take autographs till after my event." I manage to keep a straight face. "Does my publicist tell you nothing?"

He shakes his head.

"Miss Adams, you're fired." I inform Avery as she joins our group.

"I resigned a week ago, Gabriel is your publicist." She deadpans, "Why do you think half the people here are hormonal teenage girls?"