Ephemeral

Leilah's POV

I think my body had gone full numb that I did not feel anything on my skin at this moment. Even the cold breezy weather seemed to be disregardable.— The effect of spending two magical hours with the heartthrob of the world, Jeon Jungkook.

After eating at a café, we then continued strolling around to buy some souvenirs. I feigned walking like a man all the time that I kind of got used to it. Don't worry, I didn't exaggerate it like an idiot. I just had to keep my hips apart a little bit with my toes facing outwards. Not a really big deal, since I'm good at coordinating my body. Well, I like dancing, remember?

As I was walking through the rows of cute and aesthetic souvenirs, my gaze met Jungkook who was also observing the souvenirs from the other side. Looking at him, I sighed. My hands had stopped trembling as I started getting used to his presence around, but in my heart, it was like a roller coaster. Sometimes, it was beating rapidly that I felt goosebumps all over my body but then when I didn't think of anything, it would beat normally again. What am I doing here? How is this supposed to do any good? These questions kept swirling in my mind for every second that passed. And I still had no answer for either one.

He looked up to meet my gaze and I quickly looked down, as if I was so into this one particular souvenir which was only a cemented cactus.

"Leilah..." he called. And don't ask me how I felt whenever he pronounced my name.

I looked up to see that he was no longer in front of me on the other side, but coming from the corner at the end of the row, he reached over me to show me something.

"Isn't it beautiful?" He showed a sparkling crescent moon shaped necklace on his palm. The surface of it was decorated by small moissanites and curly lines which made it even more dazzling.

"It's really beautiful," I said, observing the small figure. "How is this here? I didn't notice this shop sells jewelry."

"It—it does! I found the last one and now they're all sold out."

I took the necklace and examined it front to back. "It's so pretty."

"It suits you," he said.

I smiled. "Really? Why?"

"Dark beauty. Isn't the moon the beauty of night? Just like your name."

I was stunned. "How do you know?"

"A Muslim acquaintance told me."

"O... kay... You really do know a lot now." I observed it one more time. "This must be expensive. My budget definitely won't fit. But thanks for showing this."

"Don't worry, I'll buy it for you."

My eyes widen. "No, definitely not! I don't know when I can pay you back."

"Then, don't pay. Consider it a gift from me."

"What? No, I can't take this." I placed the necklace on a shelf. "It's beautiful, but I'm totally fine. You don't have to pay for it."

"But I want to. It's totally fine for me."

I forgot he's crazy rich now. But no, of course I wouldn't accept a gift from him. Not in a million years, if I want to forget him forever.

"No, I don't want to use your money. Let's just forget about it, okay?"

"But..." He sighed. "I actually had already bought it."

What?! "You what?"

"If you don't wanna accept it, then who should I give this to?"

I felt like a few rocks just hit my head.