19

Y/n's Pov

I blink my eyes sleepily several times, vision blurry with sleep. As my sight gets clearer, I frown in confusion at the unfamiliar table and large room I see...

My memory is still hazy, and I can't figure out why I'm not waking up in my own bed.

I appear to be laying down on a wide, cushy sofa with a blanket and pillow. I'm wearing a wedding dress.

Then, like a floodgate opening, the memories pour back into my mind.

Am I being caught by Daniel? Panic rising in my chest, my eyes dart around to scan the large room.

No! Where the hell am I? Where's Jimin? I try to regulate my speeding pulse as I slowly sit up and take off the blanket.

My head spins for several beats, and I close my eyes until it stops.

Slowly standing, I start towards a door at the far end of the room, just as someone I know walks in.

"J-Jimin?" I call out his name, more like whispering.

"You're awake. How do you feel now? Better?" He gave me a small smile while bringing a tray of food in his hand.

"How did you get here? Why am I here? Where am I?"

"I brought you here, you're at my house at Busan."

"W-what? Busan! You've been driving from Seoul to Busan?"

"Precisely, are you hungry?" He asked and sits next to me on the sofa.

I nod and feel a bit calmer at this. "Thanks, Jimin. Thanks for helping me out."

He puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "No need to thanks me, I just do what's right. A promise will always be a promise and only a coward will break a promise."

I take a glass of water that was on the table and take a long drink before answering. "How's my family?"

"Hoseok and your parents are fine, don't worry about them. They're at my place, a very secure place that nobody can sneak in." He lightly chuckled.

"Don't say that they stay in prison, Mr. Park?"

"Why would I put them into the prison, Miss Jung. They don't commit a crime, unlike Kang Daniel."

"I never have thought a sweet, nice and gentleman like him is a big fraud. He was so nice to me but the truth is he's the worst." I said as he turns to me, meet my teary-eyes.

I look up to see Jimin staring at me with a mixture of sympathy and warmth. He smiles warmly and touches my shoulder.

"Everything is going to be alright. You know what, I miss the old Jung y/n, the sassy and haughty one, that always rejected me in high school."

I instantly smile when I remember the past. "You're such an asshole in high school"

"Unless now I'm not... I learn my lesson, Miss Jung." He cutely raised both of his hands in the air as if he's surrender.

"I wish Jungkook would help me, but too bad he won't. I bet he must hate me so much until he ignores my letter." My voice is soft, pensive.

He gives a smile along with a soft pat on my head. "No, he's not. Why would he hate someone he loves so much and someone that he wants to protect for the rest of his life?"

I see the merest hint of a smile playing at his mouth. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, Jungkook planned all of this. He makes a report about Kang Daniel two weeks ago in my office and my team makes an inquiry, to prove that he has committed crimes. Surprisingly, Jungkook got a lot of evidence for me to put him in prison."

He firmly holds my hands, eyes intent on mine and a small smile spreading across his face.

"I've been watching Daniel for a long time, waiting for the right time to arrest him. Thanks to Jungkook for all this time helping me out."

"I-I don't know what to say Jimin. What about your sister? Your parents force him to marry Jihyun right?" I asked.

"That was a mistake. They thought Jungkook did it but it was Kang Daniel. He impregnates Jihyun and when they get married I'm not there. Jihyun is so stupid! She knew it was Daniel yet she used Jungkook as her scapegoat."

I sit there, every muscle rigid as I hear the true story from him. "J-jimin... Thank you so much. Thanks for saving me and my family, thanks for telling me the truth. You're my guardian angel sent from above."

"You always said that, when we were in kindergarten."

"You'll always be, Park Jimin..."

I pulled him into a warm friendly hug.

"Ehem! Would you mind? Let go of my woman, Park Jimin?"

Someone clears its throat which makes us breaks the hug and looks at the main door of the room.