32

Y/n's Pov

"Open your mouth widely, big boy." He proudly opens his mouth and chews his food full of appetite.

Taejoon that was sitting in front of me in the ward whilst eating his breakfast with me. "Mommy, why daddy is still sleeping? Is he mad at me, mommy?"

"No, baby, he'll never be mad at you. Your daddy just tired and he needs a lot of rest." I softly patted his head.

"I thought daddy was mad at me because I fail a math test, I promised him I will study hard and makes him proud of me. I will never be playing around anymore." He replied back and look at Jungkook that was laying on the sickbed.

I can't believe what this 7 years old boy said to me, I mean he just 7, he's more mature than his own age and he should enjoy his childhood like the other kids. I can sense his depression and guilty even though from the outside he looks okay and tough.

"I believe that your daddy is so proud of you besides you're a smart boy and mommy, is so proud of you right now, baby," I said and I can see his facial immediately cloudless.

Maybe Jungkook has been very strict with him about the study, he even sends Taejoon to tuition classes every day. I knew he wants the best for Taejoon's future but not in this kind of ways. Taejoon is a good and smart boy, I knew he'll make good choices for his own future.

I stared at his face for a moment and realized he really looks like Daniel, his thick dark eyebrows, eye smile, that classic adorable bunny smile and he's a smart boy just like Daniel except that he's not an active kind of little boy.

Taejoon frequently got attack by his asthma when he does something like sports. He reminds me of Daniel a lot, how can I didn't aware this earlier. Every part of him filled with Daniel, I wonder how will he react when he knows Jungkook is not his real daddy.

The cause of his daddy laying on the sick bed is me, I can let him felt guilty and burden for what I did. I was so happy that Jungkook arrived on time when Jihyun trying to shot me in the head with her gun but unfortunately, Jungkook got shot.

I freaked out when he suddenly unconscious and the wound didn't stop bleeding. He lost a lot of blood and I can do nothing to save him. I'm scared I might lose him again. Tears instantly pooled in my eyes and slowly rolled down my cheeks.

The last night incident suddenly flashing back and pain starting to build in my chest when I recollect how Jungkook was covered by his own blood when we were on our way to the hospital.

He was entered into the emergency ward when we arrived at the hospital, Hoseok was sitting right beside me with his phone in his hand. Jimin is still in his department busy with Jihyun's case, he'll not compromise with his own sister about the case. She nearly kills his best friend.

"Wait here, I'll call Mr. Jeon," Hoseok said.

I wasn't aware of him when my mind is still in its own world. I can't think of anything. I can't stop crying like a little girl lost his mother in the middle of a big supermarket. I was still in my nightdress with no shoes on, I don't know where are my shoes and I look like a homeless woman.

Mr. and Mrs. Jeon arrived in no time with Minho escorting them through the hallway. There's someone very familiar right behind them carrying a boy in his muscular arms. It's Jeon Wonwoo and he was carrying Taejoon in his arms.

"Oh my god, honey are you okay, y/n." Mrs. Jeon strode to me and pulled me in a hug. I leaned my head on her shoulder and sobbing.

I just nodded, I can't speak a word right now. I was too tired and anxious. "Honey, please stop crying, I'm sure Jungkook don't wanna see you like this."

"I can't help it. I don't want to lose him again, I love him so much."

"I know you love him, y/n. He's my sweet boy and I love him too. The doctor is doing their best to save him. Be strong for him and pray to the god, to save him from death." Mrs. Jeon is such a warm-hearted woman.

All I can hear was Jungkook lost a lot of blood and needed a donor. With no hesitation, Wonwoo volunteer himself and I just know that he is Jungkook's older brother.

"Please inform us about my son's condition later." Mr. Jeon said to the doctor before Wonwoo followed from behind towards the surgery room.

The doctor comes out after the surgery is done. It's been 6 hours we've been waiting in the hallway and anxiously about what's come up next.

"Mr. Jeon Jungkook is stable now, the surgery was a success. He's a very lucky man that the bullet didn't hit any of his vital organs but I need to do the last scanning and domestic tests on his wound to make sure none of his vital organs is infected by the poison in the bullet." The doctor explains as much as he can.

The bullet was poison. What the hell is wrong with that madwoman? She wasn't tried to let me die with a shot in the head instead she wanted me to die because of poisoning.

I can remember she wanted me to slowly die in front of her but I'm so lucky Jungkook took that shot for me right in his stomach.

I can see Wonwoo is resting in the ward after he donates his blood while Taejoon was playing with him on the sickbed.

Feeling relieved when hearing that Jungkook's surgery went smoothly and was quite worried about his current health condition.

"Mommy?"

I snapped out when Taejoon called me out. "Yes, baby?"

"Why are you crying, mommy?" Taejoon ran his little fingers to wipe off my tears.

"Nothing, baby, there's just the dust in my eyes." I immediately wiped off my tears.

"Jung y/n, You're such a bad liar. You know that right?" I was startled a bit when a hoarse and husky voice suddenly calling my name. I turned my head towards his bed. Jungkook finally awake and he's smiling at me as nothing happened.

I was waiting for him all night long and sicking worried about him. Only god knows how relieved and happy am I right now.

"Daddy!" Taejoon ran to his bed and softly peck Jungkook's cheeks. "Daddy, I miss you."

"What's up, my soldier? Having a mother-son bonding?" He ruffled Taejoon's fluffy dark hair.

I slowly stood up and walked towards his sickbed. "You're awake, let me get the nurse for you."

"Wait, baby girl. Come here first." Jungkook said as Taejoon snuggled with him on the bed.

A new nickname he gives me, no more, Sexy?

He groaned in pain when he tried to sit up and I immediately help him to lean against the bed headboard. He grasps my left arm and pulled me closer.

He whispered... "I miss you, kiss me."

My eyes grew widened when he said that, this man named Jeon Jungkook will never change even in his critical condition. I looked at Taejoon that was leaning on his right arm whilst I'm sitting on his left side.

"What?" I whispered back.

"Kiss me, come on... hurry up." And now he's demanding.

"I'm not gonna kiss you in front of a little boy," I said as he smirked.

"You should know that I hurt because of you, baby girl. Now, I can't even get a kiss." He fakely groaned in pain and Taejoon slightly worry while staring at Jungkook's facial.

He covered Taejoon's eyes with his right hand before he pulled me for a kiss. He's such a daredevil! He'll always take a risk to get what he wants.

"A great day started with a kiss, a passionate kiss." He whispered in between the kiss. "Especially a kiss from you, Jung y/n. Nothing can make me feel better."