She's Mine

"Goodnight, " I say as we pull up to my house. I reach for the door handle but stop at his command.

"Wait, " Axel says as he opens his door and jogs around to my side of the car.

"Thank you, " I say shyly as I step out.

He closes the door and places his arms on either side of me, effectively trapping me against his car.

He stays silent. His eyes run over my face before reaching mine. Then he just continues staring deeply into my eyes. His beautiful forest green eyes suck me in and keep me in his hold.
We stand there for a long time, not uttering a word yet communicating so much.

Eventually, I grow nervous at the intensity of his stare and look away.

Every second I stare into his eyes, I feel myself falling more and more for him.

He then closes the distance between us and presses his chest to mine.
His fingers gently grasp my chin and tilt my head up, silently begging me to look at him.

I don't give in and instead, keep my eyes down.

He sighs and presses his forehead to mine.
"What are you so afraid of?" He whispers softly, so soft that I don't think he meant for me to hear him.

I'm afraid of getting my heart broken.

I'm about to come up with a less depressing reply when he pulls away and brings his hand up to tuck a few strands behind my ear.
However, he becomes distracted by the curls and starts to play with my hair.

A soft smile forms on his lips as he gently tugs on my hair to straighten it and lets it go, watching in delight as it springs back up to its natural spiral shape.

"I really love your hair, " he says with his eyes glued to the mixture of long, brown waves and curls.

"Thanks, I grew it myself, " I reply with a hair flip.

He fakes a shocked expression and brings his hands to his cheeks.
He then says in a very 'gay' voice," No. Way."

"Way!" I respond with the same dramatic tone.

A huge smile forms on my face at his playfulness. I like this side of him.

He is about to retort when I notice that my parents' bedroom lights are on. They were waiting up for me.

I wave of guilt comes over me at the thought of them staying up for me this late in the night. They trusted me and knew that I was in good company but that didn't stop them from worrying.

"I should head inside, " I say regretfully.

He groans and wraps me up in his arms. He buries his head in my neck and squeezes me to him.

"Don't leave me, " he whines like a baby.

I laugh and try to push him away, but he doesn't budge.

"I have to, " I whine, imitating him.

"Pleeeaaassseeee, " he drags out.

He starts swaying us from side to side which brings out a giggle from me.

"Axel, " I whine.

"Yea baby, moan my name again."

I gasp and lean away from him to look at his face. He has a huge smirk on his face which causes me to slap his arm.

Cheeky boy.

"Goodbye, " I tease before pushing him away and grabbing my bag and walking off.

I feel his hand wrap around my wrist and pull me back to him.