Absolutely Perfect

Axel reaches over the console and takes my hand in his, and brings it to his lap. His thumb draws circles on the back of my hand as he 'sings' along to the song on the radio.

"No one, no one, no onneeeeee," He belts out," can get in the way of what I'm feeling."

I laugh at his failed attempt to hit the high notes before lowering the volume slightly and asking," So where are we going?"

"It's a surprise," Axel replies cheekily.

"Oh come on, we've been driving for an hour, are we close?"

"I'm not saying a word," He says with a shake of his head.

"Please? Even just a hint?"

He doesn't respond.

"Axxeeellll," I call, drawing out his name.

"Come on! Are we going for dinner? Or a movie?"

Still no response.

"Oh, so you're ignoring me now?"

He still doesn't respond, but a small smirk appears on his face.

I huff, becoming frustrated and I try to remove my hand from his grasp. However, he only tightens his grip, refusing to let my hand budge.

"Oh, don't be like that, baby. It's a surprise, I'm not gonna ruin it. No matter how much you beg," He finally says, shooting me a glance with a full-on smirk," and I do love to see you beg."

I gasp and slap him on his arm at his dirty innuendos but my heart melts at the fact that he called me "baby", making me forgive him instantly.

"Fine," I give in, slouching against my seat" but you should know, patience is not my strong suit."

He let out a little chuckle," Well, lucky for you, we're here."

I immediately sit upright and ask excitedly, "We are?"

I look around and find that we are in the middle of nowhere. We were surrounded by tall blades of grass and a combination of teak and floral trees with our only source of light being the moon shining through a lattice of leaves.

Axel smiles at me and says," Come on, we're gonna be late."

I furrow my brows in confusion," Late for what?"

He smirks at me before opening the car door and getting out. He jogs over to my side of the car and opens the door for me.

I beam up at him," How chivalrous of you."

He smiles and offers me his hand," Milady?"

I chuckle, placing my hand in his and getting out of the car.

"Wait, put these on," he said, opening the back door and pulling out my pair of black furry slides.

I look up at him for an explanation.

"I forgot to tell you not to wear heels because we're gonna be walking through the woods and I don't want to you to trip and hurt yourself, not that I would let you fall. Anyway, so I asked your dad for a pair of flats while I was at your house and he gave me these." He explained.

That was so thoughtful of him.

And I told him so before adding," I guess I'm pretty overdressed huh?"

I looked down at my outfit, suddenly feeling insecure about my choice of clothing.

He places his fingers on my chin and lifts my head up to look him in the eye," Are you kidding? You look absolutely gorgeous.  And let's be honest, regardless of what you wear, I'm still gonna be looking at you all night long," he reassures me before kneeling down and unbuckling my heels.