Chapter 12.

Nikky and her main girls...

I walked into school today with a frown, students stared and looked up at me with shock as they scrambled to move out of my way but that didn't stop me for stopping and helping a girl who rushed to quickly and dropped her books.

"Here let me," I muttered picking up the scattered papers and books, picking them up one by one I watched the crowds silently.

"Thank you," the girl muttered making me nod my head in acknowledgment.

"don't mention it" I grunted standing and leaving the girl to her daily duties.

I continued walking until I reached my locker, slamming it open I pull out all necessary books and papers before slamming it closed and making my way outside to the field.

"Why the glum expression sweets," Chase and Marcus smile walking over to me and throwing their arms over my shoulders.

"no reason" I mumbled sitting down on one of the bleachers as they follow suit.

"They'll be okay darlin' you just gotta have faith" Marcus smiles making Chase nod in agreement, if you haven't noticed by now half the football team are also apart of my fathers' mafia so there ain't no escaping for me anytime soon.

"I guess you're right, plus Boonies in with them just making sure everything is stable" I whisper "And my brothers' did take the day off to make sure they're okay as well" I whisper hanging my head "I just don't understand why I had to come to school" I whine making the two boys laugh.

"Oh, darlin' you never cease to amaze me" Marcus grins making me smile a little.

The bell goes off signaling the first lesson of the day.

"Let's finish this dang day" Chase whines making us follow him into the school, Chase has AP English with me so we wave goodbye to Marcus before walking to our doom.

Before we enter the class I notice Monte making his way towards us, with a smile, he waves us down so he could catch up.

"Morning," he smiles kissing my cheek while waving at Chase.

"Morning sweetcheeks," Chase wink making me laugh and Monte to turn a deep shade of embarrassment.

"I thought you were going to hang back with the guys to keep an eye on Angelo and his boys" I grin.

"Nah thought I'd come in and spend the day with my little sister," he smiles throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"Whatever lover boy, let's just get to class," I smile winking at my brother who only blushes harder.

***

It's the end lunch and I had just gotten word for Boonie and the boys. Angelo and Dimitrio were doing great and have already awoken but Constantino was in a much worse state when we got to them so there was no telling what would happen from here on out.

My mood had turned sour after that as more bad news after bad news hit, my father had been admitted to the infirmary, it was a Drug deal go wrong, mum was stuck in New Zealand because of a really bad rainstorm in Wellington, and Lucky our golden labrador had got hit by a truck so I don't know what else could go wrong.

I walk towards my last class with Chase, Marcus, and Monte by my side as people whispered and stared at us walk down the halls.

"What!" I heard Monte snap making them turn away from us.

We make it just as the second bell rings and take up our seats at the back of the class, I take the seat in the middle with Monte as the other two boys take the last two seats next to us.

I cross my arms and lay them out in front of me before placing my head on them, I started to feel the tears as they break free from my closed lids.

Whispers started to fly around the class, some louder than others but even when they were whispering I could hear them clear as fucking day but I mean you can't have popularity without the rumors and horrific things right when you're this popular, people are bound to talk and spread a nasty wildfire that can either burn you or making you rain fire that would make the king of hell himself jealous.

"Cicatrice," Monte whispers as his chair scrapes against the marble floor to face me "Come on sweetie, people are talking they know something is wrong," he mumbles to me, lifting my head up with his left hand and unfolding my arms from their positions, forcing me to sit upright.

"Who cares," I whimper worried about everything that's taking a turn in my life, I rest my cheek against my hand and look towards my brother who looks at me, like really looks at me, he leans over and wipes a fallen tear away from my cheek before smiling at me.

"It'll get better you'll see" He whispers giving me an encouraging smile before turning back to the teacher who just walked into the class.

Sighing I take his word for it and allow myself to block out the ugly rumors and focus on the teacher at the front.

After the clock strikes two-fifty the class rushes out of their seats and out of the hell gates that cage us in every day for eight hours a day Monday to Thursday where on Fridays it's only six.

"Come on, let's take you to see those boys," Monte grins as I rush to my car and follow him to the compound.

I pass my car keys to Bonjo who hangs them up and tails our six.

"Bonjo, Parla con" I rushed out as the 7'2 giant follows after us. *Bonjo, talk to me*

"Uh, well Ms. Salvatore, Angelo Alvarez and his friend Dimitrio Hernandez are awake and are awaiting your arrival, but it has come to my attention that their other friend has slipped into some sort of weak coma," He says in his deep raspy voice, but I pay no mind to that as my feet stop working and process his words.

Constantino is in a weak coma, what the fuck is a weak coma.

"And my father and mother," I whisper my heart already cracking at the information on Constantino "What about them," I muttered looking up at him only to get nothing in response.

"I'm sorry Ms. Salvatore, but your father had slipped into a coma after his surgery and your mother hasn't returned yet," he whispered looking away from me as the tears start to well up again.

"O-okay" I crooked out walking away from him after dismissing him and continued walking with a silent Monte at my side.

I stumbled a little making me reach my hand out and stable myself with the white infirmary wall.

"Come here Cicatrice" Monte mumbles as a sob rack threw my body, my body falls into his as I stumble my way towards him.

He slides us to the ground and began swaying us side to side, side to side hushing me as I started to cry.

I felt two more arms as Vitale and Santino joined in on our floor hug as my brothers' watch as their little sister finally breaks.