Chapter 27.

Scarlett's POV

"So what'll happen to the boy?" I heard a familiar voice whisper making me stir quietly, I prayed I didn't catch their attention.

"His lung's collapsed due to the hit he had taken and his heart stopped a while after he was brought in, we are going to need a transplant," I hear another voice sigh this time as if the next sentence will end my life in a millisecond "But as of right now we don't have any donors, I'm sorry for your loss," he added before the sound of doors close as he exits.

"He's not coming back is he," I whispered opening my eyes and staring back at my father who hung his head low but nodded anyway, I let out a sob and covered my mouth with my hand "I'll do it! I'll donate!" I screamed jumping out of my chair and rushing towards the doors only to be pulled back.

"Cicatrice," he sighed shaking his head "Your organs are not meant for a males body, as soon as they put it inside of him and close him up it will reject his body and fail," he whispered making me cry in pain "I'm sorry figlia," he muttered pulling me back into a chair. *Daughter*

It's been a few minutes and I felt my eyes start to droop "Sleep Cicatrice," Vitale mumbles running a hand through my hair only making me fall into a deep dreamless slumber.

I'm awoken by the sound of chairs scraping and people shouting, I open my eyes to see the guys looking at the doctor who held a look of sympathy and regret.

They sit down with their hands in their hair, Vitale and Monte looked tense and Santino swayed a bit before his hand shoots out and holds his weight against the wall "Chicos?" I mumbled sitting up to see their heads had snapped in my direction. *Guys*

They come over to me and sigh I was confused. What was going on? I was passed a note that held my father's neat linked writing on it making my heart jump in fear.

"What is this?" I muttered looking towards my brothers who held a sad look on their faces.

"Read it Cicatrice," Monte whispered pulling me to him, I opened the note and started reading, with every word I could feel myself become sicker and my heart dropping until it was at my feet.

"No," I whispered looking at them while shaking my head, they looked down only confirming my deepest and deadliest fear "No!" I cried out making Santino rush towards me before squatting and pulling my hands to his while Vitale laid his head on my shoulder all three of my brother tried comforting me but it was doing nothing.

I lifted the letter once again and stare dagger into it.

Il Mio sole. *My Sun*

I'm sorry that I'm not there with you, but I have a feeling you will know exactly where I am after you read what I have written in this note.

I don't know how to explain this, but I hope you know that throughout my life I have loved nothing more than your mother, your brothers, and most importantly you. You have brightened up my world ever since you opened those precious grey stormy eyes of yours. There is nothing in this world that would keep me from protecting you and your heart, that is exactly why I have come to this decision.

You have been the highlight of my life, Il Mio Sole, you have done things that have pissed me off, drove me over the edge but you have also put a smile on my once stone-cold face.

I will always be with you, Il Mio Sole. I will be there when you have my grandchildren, I will be there when Angelo puts a ring on your finger, and I will be there when you walk down that aisle, maybe not physically but spiritually.

I know I made the right decision while thinking about it, I thought to myself while I watch you sleep 'This boy makes you happy, and happy you will stay' so I have made the decision to give up my wicked ways for someone who puts a smile on my daughters face. Your face.

I made a promise once, I promised to make you happy at all costs whether it be buying you ice cream at one in the morning or buy you the lastest pistol, so I hope our paths cross again Il Mio Sole until then take care of yourself and stay happy.

I love you Il Mio Sole xx

I looked away from the note scrunching it up and throwing it at the wall, I watch as it flutters to the ground and lands softly before I let our a bloodcurdling scream. Once I had let it out I stared blankly at the wall in front of me before the doors swing open, I noticed the blood on the doctor's scrubs making me cringe before standing up.

"So?" I mumbled looking at him through the burning sting.

"He is awake but weak, you can go in and see him now," The doctor mumbles making me sprint to his room and slams open the doors, he laid there with a pale complexion, I felt the tears gather at the edge of my eyes making him smile before patting the bed as he moved over.

I practically ran to his bedside and hopped in, he pulled me tightly as I whimpered into his chest. He hissed making me pull back with big puppy eyes, he smiles at me before pulling me as close as possible.

"I'm sorry baby," he whispered making me sob he hushed me and tried calming me down as best as he could before we both fell asleep in each other arms.