Chapter 23

BELLA'S POV

Maria's Funeral took place after 2 days, We all stayed and tomorrow morning I was going back. Now seating in empty hotel room, Image of Zach's broken self kept popping in my mind, living a dull ache within me.

I was in deep thoughts when my mobile rang, I got up and pick it the screen flashing Rose's Name.

"Hello?!" I said "Bella.. Can you please check on Zach.. He is not answering my calls and I can't go to his apartment, Izzy is not well" She said hurriedly.

"Rose.. You kn" I started to deny.

"Bella please.. I am afraid he is on medication.. I know it's hard for you to go there but please" She said.

"I couldn't go, I am out of town" She said there was a edge of panic in her voice.

"Ok.. Ok.. I'll go!" I breathe out.

I didn't inform Boys, about me going to Zach, It was quite late and I didn't wanted to make them worry, beside they will insist on coming along, we had a long flight tomorrow anyways.

Taking a cab I reached in just 10 minutes. Paying the taxi driver I got out of the Cab, the cab leaving behind me, I stood staring at the building in front of me.

My legs filling weaker as I took steps, I punched button 3 in elevator, my heart thuding louder as it goes up.

I took for 5 minutes in front of the door my finger raising and dropping to press the bell.

After long time I press it, but didn't got any response, I tried again few more times but it didn't worked.

Panic raising in my chest, as negative thoughts started to cloud my brain. Trying my. Luck I decided to use the password I knew 18 years ago.

It was Our wedding date, Zach had changed it, I doubted it will work, But I had to try. So I punched the Date and it was opened. Leaving me stunned for a minute.

Shaking my head I reminded myself for what I came here.

"Zach!" I said entering inside, immediately I was pulled back in time. As everything around me was just the way it was when I left.

Not a single thing changed, even the covers, cushion, frames on the wall, wall hanging, it was as it  the way I had decorated it.

When my eyes blurred, I realized I have been crying. I sob, Why Zach?!

It was like time never passed for this house, each and every corner reminded me of Us.. How happy we were.

"Zach!" I whisper running my hands on whatever came on my way, I made my way to the small room where I heard some glass shattering noise.

It was dark, I could barely see anything, I switch the button on, my eyes instantly finding the slump fown figure of Zach on the floor.

"Zach!" I called out, His eyes instantly met mine, and then they widen. "You came!" He said as if he knew that i am going to come.

"What are you doing on floor, Are you drinking?!" I question, He looked away frowning "You are on medication Zach what's wrong with you" I yelled at him.

I hold his forearm and made him stand "that shit doesn't work, it just makes me sleep" He said I guess he was referring to medicines.

I carefully tucked him inside the bed, "Don't go!" He said when I was above to leave. I Reluctantly slip beside him, he blinked, his tired eyes forcing him to sleep but he rubbed them.

"Go to sleep" I whisper he shook his head "No, I know you will disappear if I Close my eyes" He told me.

And the realization hit me, He thinks this is all imagination.. Did I often visit him like this!?