iii. forming friendships

CHAPTER THREE !── "forming friendships"

CHAPTER THREE !
── "forming friendships"

❁❀❁❀❁

               OLIVIA THOUGHT BEING associated with the Marauders should come with a manual. Surely spending this much time with four idiots would have lifelong effects. Her days often start with jerking awake and immediately rushing to the toilet before entering the heads' common room where the boys usually are. Breakfast and lunch would consist of forcing her to join them on the Gryffindor table before they head to their classes.

It's only now that Olivia is noticing how many classes she shares with them. It seems though they act like a bunch of brainless idiots, they do ─ surprisingly ─ have working brains as they all attend the same O level NEWT classes she does.

It seems as though Remus is more nervous about the child than the young parents to be, reading any and every pregnancy and parenting book he can get his hands on ─ the cover usually charmed to be inconspicuous. He often blurts out facts whenever necessary, something Olivia is extremely grateful for despite the fact that she'd never say it out loud. He'd also taken a hobby of leaving little notes and reminders for her to find.

Peter in his own little way, has found a way to help by running errands. Whenever Olivia needs anything, he's always at the ready to get it for her even if she only mentions it once. Olivia found him multiple times reading his own pregnancy books but his face to turn a deep shade of red whenever it's brought up and so she refrains from bringing it up.

Sirius seems to take up the job of being the group entertainment. Olivia often thinks that surely nobody can be that stupid then as if she had called for it, Sirius proves her wrong because he, in fact, can be that stupid. She's only just beginning to accept that it seems his constant jokes and sexual innuendos will be something she'd have to deal with now, yet despite all of his annoying quirks and the amount of times Olivia rolled her eyes because of his stupidity, she can also recognize the way he does his best to make sure she's comfortable or the way he immediately changes the subject as soon as it breaches family. There's a lot of things Olivia will never say out loud but nothing compared to her gratitude for Sirius Black.

And so that leaves James Potter with what Sirius dubbed as the "daddy duties" a term Olivia expressed distaste for but was immediately vetoed. He had taken to holding back her hair as she dealt with morning sickness, putting food on her plate ─ another thing Olivia had complained about but apparently James isn't a fan of her picky eating habits. He had also taken it upon himself to make sure she's no less than fifteen feet away from eggs at all times ─ what was once a favoured breakfast choice had turned into a one way ticket to the restroom. James, as advised by Remus, had also kept track of their little notebook in order to monitor the pregnancy.