── bonus chapter

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

NEVER DATE YOUR BEST FRIEND. SOMETIMES RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN.

Lucas Potter and Nymphadora Tonks are determined to make the most of their years in Hogwarts. They had even created their own Never List of everything they vowed they'd never, ever do.

Most of the rules had been easy to follow, like rule number five, never purposely hurt an animal, or rule number seven, never hook up with a teacher.

But some rules are not so easy. Nymphadora has a secret; she's broken rule number 8, never pine silently after someone. It's either that or break rule number ten, never date your best friend.

It had been simple enough when Nymphadora suggested adding it when they were eleven, before she ever saw Lucas as anything more than a lanky eleven year old who showed up at her father's funeral and cried louder than she had.

She can name many things people would find annoying with Lucas Potter. He's arrogant, loud, annoying, has absolutely no respect for authority and many more. But she knows different. He had grown up, as Nymphadora had. She had watched his transition from an awkward boy hiding behind his big brother's legs to a confident young man not afraid to let his voice be heard. She had watched him single handedly take on students bigger and older than himself to protect bullied first years who can't fight for themselves. She had watched him fight house prejudice all the while being the top of his class, the quidditch captain and doing his duties as head boy.

It's almost impossible not to fall in love with him.

She hadn't realized it at first. She had excused the butterflies as nothing but stomach bugs. She had ignored the furious beating of her heart when he offered her his jumper or they spent lazy evenings at the Potters' couch with her head on his lap.

It had started with her eyes. They would be sharing a bowl of ice cream and they involuntarily turn a lilac color. Then her hair. Eventually, Nymphadora caught on and Lucas began asking about it. She had been cuddling one year old Harry Potter then and Nymphadora had excused it as nothing but pure adoration for the little boy, a lie in which Lucas had eaten up.

She became more conscious of herself after that. She learned to control her ability, hiding her true feelings for the boy whom she cares so deeply for. However, as she got better at hiding it, her feelings only seem to grow deeper.

But there are times when she slips, like now. A strip of her hair turning lilac as Lucas stepped out to the Potters' garden with his hand holding his broom, his little sister on his back and a simple white shirt showing off his quidditch toned body that almost made Nymphadora drool.

"You're staring," James Potter points out, nudging her shoulder playfully which effectively snaps Nymphadora out of her daydreams.

"I am not." She scoffs as her face turns pink.

"Sure." James teases before walking to where his wife stands, holding one year old Thomas Potter in her arms.

James was right. She had been staring. Not that anyone can blame her. Apart from being amazing at everything he does, Lucas had also grown up to be a handsome man. Thick mass of chocolate hue curly hair falls to his forehead, brown doe like eyes behind squared glasses, a tall stature, sharp jawline and golden sun kissed skin.