──thirty one

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

OLIVIA CAN NO LONGER TELL how many hours it had been or maybe it's been days, but eventually she had been thrown into a cell, one that's as dirty as it is dark. The only source of light in the cell had been the small window completely out of her reach, but the sun had set hours ago and she sat in dark silence.

Her hands don't leave her swollen belly, feeling the kicks of her little ones as her tears come and go.

She refuses to think about James or Lucas. James, waiting for her in her room, probably worried out of his mind. And little Lucas who had admittedly become dependent on Olivia to always be there to guide him. Instead, she doesn't think at all. She doesn't think of the dirt in her clothes or the heavy chains wrapped around her wrists and legs. She just keeps her eyes closed, head leaned on the dirty wall as she feels her babies' kicks.

And she imagines them for the first time. She imagines what they'll look like - will they have dark messy hair or will they inherit her chestnut ones? Will they have bright hazel eyes or her smoky grey ones?

Will she have two little boys running around or two princesses she's certain James will spoil rotten? Or maybe she'd have a girl and a boy, like her and Maxwell, chasing each other and protecting each other.

Olivia smiles lightly as she feels another kick. It had been hours since the last one she was starting to get lonely - or maybe only minutes, Olivia really isn't sure. Everything feels longer here.

Eventually, they dump a beaten Regulus in the cell beside hers and they can see each other through the bars but are unable to approach each other due to their chains.

They talk a little bit, making sure that Samuel had not been taken alongside them, but Regulus' voice and hoarse from all the screaming and he's tired and so after a few words, he's already lost consciousness.

Olivia would have worried if he's still alive, but she can see enough through the dark to know that his silhouette on the floor still rises and falls.

And so she's left with her babies again, which really isn't a bad thing, and she continues envisioning them, painting little faces in her mind of a girl and a boy with a whirlwind of her chestnut her with bright hazel eyes, ones that's brighter than the stars in the sky, and chubby cheeks and plump lips.

She goes as far as trying to imagine their laugh, but all she can hear is James' loud, carefree ones and so she immediately stops that and goes back to their physical features.

Euphemia, she decides.

If she gets a girl, she'd be named Euphemia, after the woman who had shown Olivia what a mother's love should be.

She knows she should be deciding it with James but she doubted he'd have any problem with her naming their daughter after his mother.

Eventually, her eyelids began to feel heavy and she fell into a deep slumber with little smiling faces stamped on her mind.

But her sleep doesn't last long. Feeling as if it's only been minutes since her eyes shut, the bright sunlight and the movement outside her cell had woken her up.

She looks over at Regulus to see he's still asleep and she can't help but release a sigh of relief that though beaten, his body remains rising and falling every few seconds.