v. so it goes...

CHAPTER FIVE !── "so it goes

CHAPTER FIVE !
── "so it goes..."

❁❀❁❀❁

               THE NIGHT SKY HAD darkened from bleak gray to a familiar black, stars lighting up the sky. Students hustles around the lively Hogwarts corridor, most already heading to their dorms to call it a night while some are already dressed in their pajamas and heading back to the Great Hall to bring midnight snacks back to their rooms from the last few minutes left of the feast.

And yet, stood in front of the hospital wing with her arms folded over her chest and a deep frown settled on her face was Olivia Kinsley. Unlike other students who seem relieved and relaxed that the school day was over, Olivia stands with perfect posture, still wearing her perfectly ironed school uniform and her chestnut hair pulled in a tight ponytail.

She's been standing on the same spot for the last forty minutes where a certain gryffindor boy was supposed to meet her. Olivia definitely isn't the most patient person out there, but she tries. James — although annoying most times — had treated her with nothing but kindness and she's trying to repay that kindness back the only way she knows how so she decided she'd stay and wait for him for another minute and if he doesn't appear before then she'd go on without him.

However, trying to be kind doesn't stop her from being unbelievably irritated. The fact that hormones has been getting her mood all messed up didn't help at all. One minute she wants to cry over the piece of candy she accidentally dropped and the next she's trying to contain herself from screaming at Sirius for breathing too loudly and James is surely testing her patience.

As if she had called his name, James Potter broke through the sea of students. He still wore his quidditch robes and his glasses are inches away from falling to the ground. His messy black hair lay damp on top of his head from sweat, his face lighting up as soon as he saw her, pushing through the throng of people as running faster. He only stopped once he stood right in front of her with a guilty expression etched on his face.

Olivia's eyes remains cold as she disregarded his messy appearance. "You're late."

"I know. I'm sorry," James apologized sincerely, nervously running his hand through his sweaty hair. "I got held up at quidditch and—"

"Let's get one thing straight here, Potter." Olivia interrupted, her eyes dangerously narrowing. "I don't care what you do. How you spend your time is none of my business and quite frankly, I can't care less what you do with yourself, but when we've decided on something then that should be followed. If we decided on a certain place and a certain time then you will be at that place and time exactly as we talked about. If you can't follow through that then I have absolutely no problem with going through this by myself."