──nineteen

nineteen.

IT MUST HAVE BEEN HOURS. OR MAYBE ONLY MINUTES. Olivia had lost track of time, but eventually, Lily regained back consciousness and the chaos outside finally stopped. The two women barely talked. Lily didn't ask questions, a fact Olivia is immensely grateful for. Instead, the two of them sat side by side, both staring at nothing with their heads filled with the friends they left behind.

Olivia thinks of James, of his unconscious body laying on the floor and she feels her heart plummet to her stomach. She thinks of Sirius, Kat, Remus and Peter. Are they okay? Are they hurt? She thinks of Amara and Samuel? When did Samuel even get here? Did the other death eaters see him protect Olivia? Did he stay or did he go back with them? God, she hasn't seen her brother in so long and this is the kind of reunion they get. What about Amara? Is she okay? Olivia knows that she and her sister are not on the best terms, but she'd never want Amara to be harmed.

In a cycle of self torment, her mind goes back to James then to her friends and her siblings. It repeats in her head again and again with no sign of stopping.

Until finally, the sky turned into a bleak grey and they heard the desperate call of no other than James Potter and immediately, Olivia was on her feet and pulling the door open. "James!"

As soon as he heard her voice, James quickly whipped around and before she knew it, she's being pulled into his arms.

"Oh, God," he muttered as he planted a long kiss on her hair. "I was so scared. God, I was so fucking terrified. I thought something happened to you. I thought--"

"I'm okay," Olivia reassured him softly, hearing the cracks in his voice. "We've been hiding here waiting for it to end. Is everyone okay?"

James nodded as he finally pulled away, holding her face with his hands as he pushed back the strands of hair that fell. His eyes seemed to be scanning for injuries which weren't hard to find considering the bleeding gash on her left cheek and the tear in her shirt that showed the bruise a size of a plate above her hip, the one that Lily had healed.

"I'm so sorry, baby," he says genuinely, kissing her forehead. "I should have been there. Fuck, I'm so sorry."

"I'm okay," she repeats. "We got out and hid here. Are you okay?"

James didn't get to answer as another voice called for her name and before she knew it, she's ripped from James and into another pair of arms. This time, it was so so familiar that Olivia found herself holding on a little tighter, yet one she hasn't felt in a long time.

"Hey, baby sis," Samuel muttered by her head as he hugged the younger girl tighter.

Seeing that the siblings were still having a reunion, James gave them space by going to Lily, who was leaning on the cabin door, unable to hold herself up, her face completely drained of color and her hair a frizzy red mess around her.

"Lilypad," James greeted, putting the redhead's arm around his shoulder to help her walk.

"Toerag," Lily said with a forced smile as her eyes went to where Olivia stood with her brother. "Is Olivia okay?"

"She says she is," James says. "I'll still have madam Pomprey check on her, though. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. A little drained is all." Lily nodded, lying right through her teeth. "She had a stab wound on her side. I used Reperifors, but you should check if there's internal bleeding."

Instantly, worry clouded James' face and his head whipped to the woman carrying his two children. He wanted to run over to her and check himself, but he knows that would be impossible. For now, he'd have to calm down and wait till they reach the castle.