──epilogue

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

JULY 31, 1980

THE TWO FOUR YEAR OLDS watched their little brother in awe. The infant slept soundlessly in his mother's arms while the twins looked over her shoulder, their eyes full of wonder for the tiny being.

"Mummy," Max called, confusion in his face as he turned to his mother. "What this?"

James and Olivia couldn't help but laugh at the innocent question.

"This is Harry, little nugget," Olivia said, reaching out to softly touch the infant's tiny hand. "He's your baby brother."

"Bwother?" Mari asked. "Like Maxi?"

James nodded, grabbing the two children and placing them on his lap as he sat beside Olivia. "Yes. Like Maxi, but he's still a baby."

"His name is Awwy?" Max asked again, his eyes focused on the cooing baby.

Olivia smiled at the two. "That's right. Harry James Potter."

The twins shared a look as if communicating with their eyes before looking back at Harry.

"He tiny," Max finally said.

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

AUGUST 15, 1981

THE PLAYROOM CONSIST OF the three children. Max and Mari had toys around them with their ears covered while the one year old cried at the top of his lungs.

It was the first time both parents are out since Harry was born, leaving Sirius and Regulus to babysit. Unfortunately, Harry was still at the stage where he only calmed down with his mum or dad holding him and therefore leaving Remus and Samuel unable to stop his crying.

"Merlin's sake," Sirius breathed out as he continued rocking the baby. "I am not ready for children."

"What the hell does he want?" Regulus asked as he entered the room with a formula, offering it to Harry who only pushed it away.

The two had fixed their differences after the war with the help of Olivia and their friends. The war came with many losses as well as the realization of how short life is. Holding on to grudges is wasteful.

"Mommy and Daddy," Max answered as he covered his ears. "Hawwy only sleeps with mommy and daddy."

"James and Olivia won't be back till tomorrow morning," Sirius said frustratingly. "Fuck."

"Don't say bad wowds," Mari told his uncle seriously as she stood up and walked over to Regulus and Harry. Without saying anything, her little hands reached for her little brother, trying to take the child from Remus' arms.

"Oh, God," Regulus breathed out as he helped Mari hold the baby properly. "Please don't drop him, Mar."

Harry's cries finally ceased for a moment, but his eyes remained glassy with tears and his lips trembling as he clutched Mari's hair tightly.