- O n e h u n d r e d & t w e n t y o n e -

My plan was to wait for Billie to move or roll over, I've already been laying with her for over an hour. I don't wanna wake her because I know how hard it is to sleep when you're sick.

I was scrolling through Instagram, when she finally took her off my stomach and rolled over. I got up carefully and moved back to the chair, I love sleeping next to Billie. I do. But not when she's literally burning up.

I looked at the time, it was just after midnight. I am beyond bored, I'm also hungry as hell but I don't wanna order anything. The doctor didn't mention whether or not she could eat normally. I snuck out of the room and into the cold hallway, I found a vending machine at the end of the hallway, right by the elevator.

With me, I don't typically eat a whole lot of junk food. But whenever I do, it's either always Takis or Cheez-it's. This time I went for Takis.

I got back into the room and I realized that I'm an idiot and should've opened them on the way here. Billie of course, heard me opening them.

Billie: "I know you're not eating takis without me."

I froze with a Taki in mid-air, about to go into my mouth.

Billie: "You have to share, I'm sick."

Maddie: "That's the exact reason I'm not going to share with you." I laughed at her.

Billie: "I'll remember that shorty."

She rolled back over but I knew she wasn't going back to sleep.

Maddie: "What would you do if I got a tattoo?" I asked due to my boredom.

Billie: "You know, I think tattoos are fire as fuck. So I wouldn't be against it, shit I'll take you to go get it."

Maddie: "Let's get you healed first." I laughed lightly, I was happy she okay with it. I mean let's face it, I would still get it even if she didn't want me to get it. Little does she know...

Maddie: "What would you do if I got another piercing?"

Billie: "Where at?"

I thought for a second.

Maddie: "My tongue."

She looked at me.

Billie: "Stick your tongue out."

I stuck my tongue out.

Billie looked at me for a second, and her smirk appeared on her perfect lips.

Billie: "I would support that one thousand percent."

Of course I'm considering it.

Billie: "What if I got a tongue ring?" She kept her eye contact with me.

Maddie: "You wouldn't."

Billie: "Is that a challenge?"

Maddie: "No, get one if you want. Let's see who get's one first." I smirked at her.

Billie: "You could go tomorrow, I'm stuck in the hospital. That's not fair."

Maddie: "Game doesn't start until after the hospital."

Billie: "Are you gonna stay with me until I'm better?"

Maddie: "Yes, and then are you gonna stay with me when I catch what you have?"

Billie: "No, I got things to do." She joked.

Maddie: "Oh so you got jokes?" I smiled.

Billie: "I mean, I think I'm pretty funny."

It fell silent after that, as her light laugh faded out. She kept her eyes on me the entire time. The only sound you could hear was the occasional doctor walking past the room, or the air conditioning that was lowly humming.

Billie: "I like this." She hummed quietly.

I looked at her, prompting her to go on with what she was about to say.

Billie: "I like the playful conversations that we have, I like that we have the same humor and can joke about the same things."

Maddie: "I like having playful conversations with you too, and even though you make fun of me a lot. I appreciate your humor."

Billie: "Aww." Billie smiled at me.

The room fell silent once again, I could tell she wanted me to lay with her. I want to lay with her, but when she's better. Her eyes closed and she drifted to sleep.

I put in one AirPod and started watching Criminal Minds on my phone, I had about thirty minutes left of this episode. During that time, Billie was tossing and turning, I could tell that she wasn't asleep.

She tapped my leg with her hand that she had hanging off the bed, I looked at her and paused my show.

Billie: "Can we watch the office on your laptop?"

Maddie: "Sure."

I moved my legs off the foot rest, and put my laptop to where Billie could see it. I opened Netflix and started playing The Office, I know Billie just said we have the same humor.  But The Office was never my type of show.

But Billie took an interest to Criminal Minds because of me, so I'm going to try and like The Office. I never dedicated time to watch it, I've never had time to watch it.

After an episode she was asleep, but the show actually had my attention. I watched one more episode before I fell asleep. My back is going to be in so much pain tomorrow, but I'll be okay.

I was tossing and turning all night, I'm not used to being this confined when sleeping. I drove here, so I could go home and sleep in my big ass bed. The thought of that makes me so tempted, I turned around one more time to see Billie sound asleep. I'll leave a note and be back early tomorrow morning.

The chair was giving me scoliosis, be back at 8. I love you babygirl.

-Maddie <3

I took everything with me, I hope Billie will get discharged tomorrow. Because let's face, I didn't plan on spending so much time at a hospital.

I got down to my car, and getting that good ass parking spot really came in handy. It was cold as hell, I turned on my heat and waited for my car to warm up before I started driving home.

------------------------

idk if you can tell, but i can tell the difference between how i write, when i want to write, of if i feel pressured to write.

thanks ily lots.

words: 1029.

Our Time (BILLIE EILISH)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें