Chapter 7

Iliya woke up in the morning; she rubbed her sleepy eyes and looked out the window. Hearing the knock on her door, she got up from her bed. The Queen slowly reached her hand out towards the doorknob.

As she was opening the door, her twin sister, Taiga was smiling while hogging a lot of food in her arms. This sight alone already made Iliya became quite disappointed with her younger sister. After all, her sister is still a member of the royal family.

"Taiga, first of all, how did you sneak those in?"

"What? Oh, you mean the food? Don't worry, even Alfred sneaked some in!" Taiga chuckled, she grinned widely.

~At the Kitchen~

Alfred was sitting on top of the kitchen cabinet, some maids were walking, there was leftover food that they are bringing back home. Alfred was fast, he grabbed the food while the maids weren't looking. He managed to grab an apple from the basket; he took a bite from it, enjoying it immensely.

Iliya was wearing her casual dress, she took large steps walking toward Alfred while pulling Taiga's hand, her expression was angry, she couldn't stand the action of her sister and her friend. Alfred saw her coming, he hides in the cupboard. As the maids left, Iliya opened the cupboard revealing Alfred who is carrying a lot of snacks in his jacket.

"Should I deduct your pay for stealing?" Iliya raised an eyebrow looking at him, he shook his head, mouth full of food, "Iliya, it is not stealing, it's called saving food, most of the food is going to be thrown away anyway," Taiga said, "While some are going to be given to the maids' home isn't it?" Iliya turned her head toward Taiga, Taiga shrugged.

Iliya grabbed both of them by their shirts and bought them to her room. She asked both of them to sit down on the floor, as she glared at both of them. "Knowing both of you are just visitors, I have to probably tell both of you the rules again," Iliya walked around right and left holding her fan in her hand hitting her hand repeatedly.

Both of them lowered their head, Taiga started whispering, "...She must hate both of us right now." Taiga said, laughing nervously. "No laughing right now Taiga, perhaps I have to bring even you to the court," Iliya said looking down at the both of them.

"Rule number 53, stealing from the castle's maids are forbidden, with the lowest charges of 10 gold, or the highest charge of 5 years of prison."

Alfred turned his head toward Taiga, "When was the last time she gave detention?" Alfred asked, Iliya looking up and started to speak, she was looking at a file framed in a glass.

"The last time I gave detention was years ago, when Taiga, who was riding toward my castle, destroyed half of my kingdom's stall during a very, very important event."

"I thought you were ill!"

"I said I was ill in the letter, didn't I?" Iliya said rolling her eyes.

Somebody started knocking on the door, Iliya walked towards the door, while she was turned toward the door, Alfred and Taiga stood up quickly.

Iliya opened the door, her maid was standing in front of the door, "Your Highness, your citizens requested you to come to the Court to tell you about their problems."

"I see, I will come as soon as possible, and you two are no-"

Iliya turned back, Taiga and Alfred were trying to get out using the window. When the maid gasped, Iliya closed the door; she ran toward the window and grabbed both of them.