Chapter 20

She ran in the halls, filled with large windows, lights flowing into it, and the light was shining to her silver hair, and it looked bright, but her face was filled with despair and sorrow. She couldn't bear to learn the truth, she felt like she ruined someone else relationship because of her being close to someone.

The princess walked toward her, "you okay Queen Iliya?" she asked, walking toward her, she stopped walking, and she turned back. "Listen, you are the one more deserving of Alfred than me, he suits you, and he is an Earth blood, he is common blood, and he should get along with War Bloods like you."

"How did you know I belonged to War Blood?" she asked, "your king, your dad is a War Blood, of course, I know," she said.

"Well, why are you so worried, about our relationship?" she wondered.

"I don't like interfering with anyone, I don't like fighting over someone that you are betrothed to, I'll have to tell Alfred, all about this," she said, covering her face with her arms.

"Elena, your father is calling you," a servant said walking toward Elena, in a rush. "Oh, I am sorry," she left walking away from Iliya, Iliya sighed, she wiped her tears off.

She walked toward the hallway, she wiped her tears with her hands, and she didn't want people to know she had cried, she turned to her right, and saw a well outside of the castle, she decided to go there, and wash her face.

She went down the stairs, which lead to the busy kitchen, with many servants busy making a feast for the kings and queens that had arrived, Iliya looked at them in amazement on how they make the food looked very delicious but she wanted to waste no time and walked out from the kitchen, hiding her face with her arm.

She pulled the water from the well with a bucket and washed her face with it, trying to not cry from learning about the truth.

A person came walking toward her and touched her shoulder, Iliya turned around, expecting it would be the one that she wanted to meet, but it was.

Taiga, her twin sister.

"Are you okay, your eyes looked red, Iliya, seriously talk to me," Taiga said, Iliya looked at Taiga from bottom of her feet and to the top, she noticed that she had changed her clothes, she was wearing a full set armor, and her face seemed to be dirtier, it had some mud on her face.

"What in the world did you do at the barracks?" Iliya asked, Taiga put her arm on her chest and smiled widely, "brawling, sparring, and some duel, with some guards and then some knights joined," she said.

"You fell to the ground how many times?"

"Twice, but I didn't let go of them until they fell down with me too," Taiga said.

"Where is Alfred?" Iliya asked she wanted to really tell Alfred and discuss with him few things. "Oh, Alfred, uhh... why?"

"Well, he got engaged to the princess of this kingdom, and he was talking about me, I don't want to ruin-"

"HE DID WHAT?" Taiga shouted while grabbing Iliya by both of her shoulder and shaking her. "He was talking about me to his betrothed-"

"NO, the freaking damned fact he said he is engaged angers me," Taiga said.

"Taiga, do you know something I don't know?" Iliya wondered, looking at Taiga expression filled with anger, Taiga didn't answer what Iliya said, she started to turn around, she jumped very high on top of the well, and she saw the window of the castle, that was opened she crouched, breaking pieces of brick by little, and jumped from the there at the edge of the window and climbed in.