Chapter # 40

***

                                        ***

Alex stared at Muskan for few seconds joining all the points together. If Alizey knows where were the keys then she would've left earlier, but she didn't, and she wouldn't have left the house if he had not left her to starve for days and now when he thinks about it. It was his fault, his carelessness lead her to leave the house in hunger.

His eyes landed on Alizey who sit beside Muskan quietly not saying a word and not even looking up at him.

All the memories of whipping Alizey invaded his mind, a sudden urge of guilt erupted in him when he recalled her painful screams. Gulping he looked away. After lashing Alizey that night he has ordered his men to give him the recordings of the CCTV cameras surrounding his house which is kept in his office, but he didn't check it yet, but now he will.

"So when did you convert?" This time it was Yasir who spoke up. Alex didn't understand what he meant. "What convert?" He asked confused.

Yasir and Muskan shared a look both of their faces turned to serious. Whereas Alizey started at the sleeping form of Asad in her lap, seeing Asad she dearly missed Ali.

She wasn't expecting them to ask such questions but now she dreaded if he'll tell them the truth.

"You do know that a non-Muslim can't marry a Muslim woman. If he wants to marry a Muslim woman he must accept Islam first, otherwise their marriage isn't halal." Muskan told seriously.

"But I already married her, it doesn't matter." Alex spoke casually. "But you both are living in a sin." Yasir exclaimed seriously looking at Alizey this time because he thinks Alizey as a Muslim must have known about this stuff, and yet she accepted the marriage was beyond Muskan's and Yasir's understanding.

Alex recalled how Alizey fought him once after the marriage that this marriage isn't halal, and she would never let him touch her. And now the way Muskan and Yasir are looking at Alizey made him angry. Before thinking, he spoke up.

"I wanted to convert. Can you do it now?" All of their heads wiped to his as he continued. "I know enough of the stuff to understand that Islam is a religion of peace and I don't want my Alizey to worry anymore thinking that we're living in a sin." Alizey's eyes were wide as saucers as the three stared at Alex in shock.

"Are you sure? You're not under any pressure or something." Yasir asked seriously but Alex simply replied that he wants it.

Yasir was the one who recites the kalma and Alex recited it behind him along with the translation. Yasir hugged him and congratulated him.

Alizey couldn't believe it, he converted for her, for Allah. He called her my Alizey. Pure happiness surged into her heart as it swelled with Allah's great fullness, maybe this is the first step. Maybe if she tries harder she can bring him to the right path.

But deep down the sensible part of her spoke maybe he's faking it all. But the desperate part of hope overcomes it all.

Her heart warmed up when he gave her his wolfish grin. Maybe she judged him too soon. She knows his anger is bad but maybe there's hope. She smiled faintly caressing Asad's hair. She felt happy after so many days. Muskan hugged her happily.

Alex felt strange feeling after reciting the things that Yasir said. His eyes landed on Alizey as he eyed her holding Asad in her lap. She looks beautiful and would be a great mother to his children or how would it feels like to have children with Alizey. But his senses soon returned, and he cursed under his breath trying to remove the imaginary picture of having a beautiful family with Alizey.

When they returned after dinner. The first thing Alex did was go through the recordings and like Muskan said Alizey left only twice and that to for not long enough maybe an hour or two. Cursing under his breath, he holds his head in frustration.

Her screams resonated in his head, the images of her blooded back played in his head and felt his throat constricting in regret. He knows that she's fake and deserve to suffer but this time she wasn't at fault. He wanted to see her now.

Alex was observing Alizey from her door, who was sleeping peacefully, even tho she has locked the door, but he had the spare keys, he slowly made his way towards her and sat down on the bed beside her laying figure.

Her silky long hairs were opened and sprawled on the sheets, her beautiful eyelashes were long as they shadowed her cheeks, her pink lips were parted slightly, she was looking exquisite, he just wanted to lay beside her and cuddle her soft body and that is what he did, he laid beside her and slowly hugged her from behind, her back against his chest, she stirred in her sleep but didn't wake up, he kissed her temple and her rosy scent invaded his senses, soon sleep took over him.

In morning Alizey woke up because of a heavyweight on her chest, she tried to move, but she was kept in place by something, slowly she opened her eyes and was met with a sight of hairs, scrunching her face , she immediately shoved him off of her, and he was still asleep so fell on the floor growling loudly.

Alizey immediately hopped off the bed and glared at him. "What are you doing on my bed." She spoke angrily.

Alex stared at her still drowsy, he yawned and slowly got up, flexed his muscles and the other second he was on the floor near her feet, Alizey shrieked and moved away, he on the other hand smirked as he started doing push-ups like he didn't just scare the hell out of her.

Alizey stared at him stunned, "I know I'm hot bruja, but you can check me out later, right now I want my protein shake in twenty minutes."

When Alex saw that she was still standing there, so he said. "You want me to give you a morning kiss?" He asked in a questioning manner, Alizey screeched out "No!" And dashed into the restroom, leaving behind a chuckling Alex.

Alex knew that he had done wrong by punishing her for something she didn't do, and he had to apologize but it's a difficult task for someone like him who never apologize whether they're at fault or not.

After breakfast when Alizey was washing the dishes, he leaned on the slab. "Get ready at eight we're going out tonight." He said in his deep voice.

Alizey didn't turn to look at him. "I'm not going." She stated simply, there is no way she's going with him anywhere, last time he took her to that criminal party, that experience was horrifying itself, she didn't want more like that.

"Be ready bruja." He spoke calmly but with a serious tone and left.

Alex went in his study to complete some work, because of Alizey most of his time is spent at home just to keep an eye on her, so he does most of the work from home and only left for important meetings where his presence is mandatory.

Alex dialed a number "What's the status Nick?" He spoke in his deep authoritative voice.

"Everything is under control boss, nothing new." Nick replied. "And how's the kid?" Alex inquires.

"He's good Boss and his health is getting better with the first class treatment as per your orders." Nick replied.

"Keep an eye on them, if there's a slight change in anything or if any suspicion, call me the first thing." Alex ordered.

"Yes boss." Nick replied as Alex cut the call. He didn't realize it was already seven, so he went to his room to get ready.

It was eight past fifteen and Alizey was still in her room, she had locked the door and in no way she's going anywhere with him. Fifteen more minutes passed and now Alizey felt bit relaxed. Maybe he dropped the idea of taking her out.

She was about to remove her hijab when her door busted open, she stared shocked at Alex who stood there in his white button up shirt and blue jeans.

Alizey stood up immediately and was ready to run in the restroom when Alex moved swiftly and in seconds Alizey's world turned upside down and Alex started walking out, with her on his shoulder.

Alizey punched his muscular back with her tiny fists, but he was a beast as he continued to carry her into the garage. He swiftly made her sit in the range rover and closed the door, she tried to open it, but he child locked it, she huffed and glared at him as he sat on the driver seat.

"I'm not wearing appropriate clothes! Let me change at least." She spoke frustrated, trying to convince him. "No can do babe! You look just fine sleepyhead." Alex teased smirking.

Alizey can't believe this man at all because of his mood swings. The ride was silent, the car parked in front of a cozy restaurant.

Alex came out and opened the door for her, Alizey stared at him and then at his hand he put forward for her to hold. She glared at him as she came out without holding his hand.

They both were seated in the VIP area as they looked at the menu. Alizey felt out of place in her simple cotton shirt and pants, but she couldn't care less. They both ordered and now Alizey was clueless of the happenings. She didn't understand why he brought her out for dinner, his actions are beyond her understandings. Is this some sort of forced date, she thought.

Alizey stared at him and really tried to read what's going inside his head but it was impossible. "I love the way you keep staring at me." Alex mused.

Alizey felt embarrassed as red crept up her cheeks, but she instantly glared at him as she huffed. "I wasn't staring. In you dreams!" She scoffed at him.

Alex arched his brow as he moved bit forward on the table. "You do far more inappropriate things in my dreams other than staring." Alex spoke huskily.

Alizey's eyes widened as she stared at him flabbergasted, her cheeks were flaming red as she looked everywhere but at him.

Alex chuckled at her as he continued "Want be to elaborate few of the things?" Alizey eyes widened even more as she replied. "No!" She immediately tried to change the subject.

"What's your age?" Alizey asked. Alex smirked as he spoke. "Ah! Interested in me wifey? Well I am twenty-eight. Got my degree in business administration and management, and is currently the most successful business man. And about the other things you know pretty well." He trailed off.

Alizey just stared at him again, she thought he's of Akhi's age, but he's one year older than him, well his education explains about his achievements in business but how can such an educated man is still doing such illegal things, but it didn't miss her that he called her wifey.

Alizey didn't say anything further neither he asked, their food arrived lately as they ate in silence.

After dinner, he took her to the nearby beach. Alizey was not understanding anything at all. His behavior is now scaring her.

She was sitting on one of the benches, engrossed in her thoughts, the sound of waves gave her a calming affect as she inhaled the fresh air.

Alex came with an ice cream in his hand. She controlled her smile as she took the ice cream and ate in silence. If it wasn't for food, her mood was to be worst but the food and the change in surroundings felt fresh and good for her.

He sat beside her "I'm sorry." Alizey stared at him from sideways as he was staring at her eating. "W-what?" She asked confused.

Alex sighed "I checked the CCTV cameras, you didn't go anywhere except Muskan's house that to only twice and I know you left the first time for food only. I'm sorry for w-whipping you." He looked down.

Alizey just stared at him. So all of this outing is an apology. She felt bitter, couldn't he check those CCTV footage before beating her to darkness, couldn't he believe her words when she was screaming at him to listen.

Ice cream fell from her hands as she stood up. "Take me back to your home." She stated calmly not looking at him.

" She stated calmly not looking at him

Vote guys

Vote guys.

Do follow for more upcoming amazing stories.

Have a good day.