Prologue

Mason, Beta of Lunar Pack was on border patrol that evening, when he heard the growls of his fellow pack members and the whimpering of a female wolf, in the distance.

Pushing his wolf, he ran in the direction of where he had heard the sounds come from, ready to deal with the issue at hand.

Reaching an area, near their border, he came upon three pack wolves, circling a lone female wolf.

Moving closer, his wolf on alert, he took note of the female, she was malnourished, small and covered in filth.

Going behind a tree, he shifted into his human form, putting on his shorts that he had tied to his ankle.

Making his way towards the group, standing before the injured wolf, his arms crossed, "Shift..." He ordered, having as much power in his voice, as his Alpha to be able to command, when necessary.

The female whimpered, lowering her head in submission, but fighting his command internally, refusing to shift.

Sighing at the stubbornness of the female, he lowered down to her level, his nostrils flaring at the nauseous stench she was emitting.

Noticing only then the gaping wound on her side, the blood oozing out in large quantities, staining the ground around her.

At this rate, she was going to die from blood loss, if she didn't shift and he could assess the damage properly.

Contrary to popular belief, they did not kill all rogues at first sight, unless provoked to do so.

After all, it was dependant on the situation at hand, they first investigated and then decided if too kill, was warranted.

"Get me a shirt." He mind linked one of the warriors next to him.

Waiting as the wolf ran to a tree nearby to retrieve the item he asked for.

Taking the shirt offered, "Now all of you turn around." He ordered in the mind link.

Satisfied that they had done as he had asked, he then proceeded to place the shirt over the small she wolf, "Now shift or else you die." He again ordered, getting straight to the point.

Watching and waiting as she shifted into her human form.

She weakly covered herself, the pain in her side excruciating, her limbs shaking from the effort of shifting and putting on the shirt.

Bowing her head in submission, covering her face with her long dirty hair, while she sat on the ground waiting, for whatever punishment they were going to give her.

Mason felt a pinch in his heart, at the frail image that the female represented before him.

The bit of skin that he had seen, were littered with cuts and bruises, she was more bones than meat.

"We won't hurt you little one..." He whispered lowly, reaching out his hand slowly towards her, moving her hair to the side, so that he could better see her face.

She flinched at the contact, whimpering in fear.

Mason placed a finger gently under her chin, lifting her face up, "Look at me..." He ordered.

She opened her eyes, only for them to widen when she locked eyes with the male before her.

"Hello...Mate." He spoke lovingly and gently.