Chapter 19

Insatiably they had made love again, the need and urgency for time lost, driving their lust and desire for each other to new heights.

Exhausted they lay in a tangle of limps, his body protectively spooning hers, as they fell into a peaceful slumber.

A high-pitched scream, instantaneously woke Mason up, his first instinct was to protect his mate, hovering over her, searching the darkness for any threat.

Sensing no threat, he gazed at his mate, fear coursing through him at the paleness of her face and the sweat dripping down her forehead.

With trembling fingers, he cupped her face, "Wake up sweetheart..." He whispered, urging her to open her eyes.

Raven had another dream, at first it was of her and another young girl, with the same long black hair as hers, playing happily in a field, both giggling and running around freely.

Then as if she was warped to another zone, she was facing a young blonde-haired woman, the woman screaming to Raven to run and not look back. Fear coursing through her body, she began to run as if her life depended on it. As she looked back , she saw red eyes following her every move.

Again, she was warped to another place, this time she was in a cold dark room, strapped to a bed, watching in fear as the red eyes approached with menace, as the monster lunged at her...she screamed in terror.

In the deep depths of her conscience, she heard her mate's voice, urging her to come back to him, fighting with all her strength, she opened her eyes and gazed directly into the worried face of her mate, sobbing as the dream came back at her in full force.

Gathering her up into his arms, he rocked back and forth, whispering words of love, as she cried relentlessly.

"Baby...tell me what happened?" He asked gently, cupping her face in his hand, gazing worriedly at her, wiping the tears with his thumb.

"I had a dream..." She tiredly mumbled out, rubbing her temple, wincing in pain, "There was a girl...like a sister...yet not...her name was Grace." Her mind in turmoil, as bits and pieces filtered through, "Then a young woman...blonde hair, blue eyes...screaming at me to run." Shuddering at the memory, "Then the red eyes...I couldn't get away!"

"I can't put the pieces back together. I don't know what it all means." She wailed out, clutching her mate desperately.

Mason felt powerless, he couldn't do anything to help his mate regain her memory, stroking her back soothingly, as she continued to cry in his arms, "I'm here for you always, we will get through this...I promise." He stated firmly.

Holding her tightly against his body, safely cocooned in his embrace, she fell into a deep sleep.

Mason held his mate the whole night long, protectively watching her, making sure that she slept peacefully...

Wishing that she had never endured the suffering she had been in and if he ever caught her tormentors, he was going to make them pay for causing her harm.