Chapter 4

"I hope, that I am not interrupting anything...?" Leo asked amusingly.

Mason growled, flushing slightly at being caught.

"Don't you know how to knock?" He growled out.

"I didn't think it was necessary, especially since your mate was supposed to still be in a coma..." He retorted, quirking an eyebrow at his Beta.

Rolling his eyes, "Well she isn't anymore..." He stated, shrugging his shoulders.

When she heard the male voice, she had buried her face in embarrassment, hiding her face against her mate's neck, trying to remain inconspicuous.

Mason had wrapped his arms around his mate protectively, keeping her tucked against him, enjoying the feeling of her hot breath against his neck.

"Well...before things go any further, I suggest that the doctor be informed and have her checked out." Leo informed him, giving him a look that clearly meant he was serious.

Mason sighed in frustration, nodding in acceptance at his Alpha's command, watching as Leo left the room.

"Well...that was a bummer." She cheekily mumbled out, nipping his skin, "I guess we should get this over and done with."

"We should..." He replied, "But first we need to settle something."

"And what is that...?" She asked, lifting her head to gaze at him.

"Introductions..." He responded, "My name is Mason and what is yours?"

Scrunching up her face, a headache formed, when she tried to remember, "I...think...it's...Raven." She stuttered out.

"You think or you know?" He asked worriedly.

"Yes...it's Raven." Her mind drawing a blank on the past few years of her life, only remembering slight details, she knew that she was a werewolf, but where she came from or who her family was or how she got here, was a complete blank.

"I think it would be best that the doctor check you out," He stated firmly, he was assuming that she had amnesia, but until it was confirmed, he didn't want to worry her too much.

Mason fussed around her, much to her irritation, helping her with a shirt of his, taking her to the bathroom and settling her into the bed.

Then he proceeded to call in the doctor and nurses to check her out, all the while standing in the background, watching and listening as his mate was being examined.

Seeing his mate pale, the longer they took to examine her, wanting to reassure her, he moved next to her, sitting down on the bed, letting her lean towards him, her mind and body seeking his comfort.

After the doctor had examined her and asked a few questions, he had dismissed the nurses, leaving only himself and the pair in the room, "It's good to finally see you awake, we need to continue to give you some nutrients to build up your system, I would also suggest starting off with light meals and plenty of rest." The doctor stated.

"And what about..." Mason asked, looking worriedly at his mate, "Her mind."

"Amnesia is normal under the circumstances," The doctor replied, "I suggest that we let it come back naturally and try not to force it. Miss Raven needs to heal her body first, otherwise she might have a relapse and she is currently too weak to handle too much."

Raven was too tired to comment, leaning her head against her mate's chest, savouring the soothing strokes of his hand against her back, closing her eyes and letting sleep take over.

Mason felt his mate going limp in his arms, looking down, he sighed in relief that she had fallen asleep, her small hand clutching at his shirt, "I think that will be all for now, Doc." He stated, looking back up at the doctor.

The doctor smiled, "Rest and having you near, will be the best medicine." He suggested, before bowing his head and leaving the couple.