Chapter 8

She was finally able to go home with him, Mason sighed in relief. He was tired of the sterile room and the constant comings and goings of the hospital staff.

However, he had to promise the doctor, that his mate would get plenty of rest and no major stress.

Making arrangements as soon as possible, they were finally able to leave the hospital.

Arriving at the pack house, Mason saw Leo, Sybil, the former Alpha and Luna of Lunar Pack and a few trusted pack members, waiting at the entrance to the home, ready to welcome his mate to the pack.

The former Luna, Kara, was the first to step forward, Raven smiled, she had met the former Luna during her stay at the hospital, the woman was a force to be reckoned with, ordering everyone around her. Yet, was gentle towards Raven, fussing over her.

"Raven, my dear. Welcome to the Lunar pack." Kara spoke, grasping Raven's hands gently into her own, smiling happily.

"Thank you..." Raven replied, "It's good to be out of there..."

Mason hovered behind his mate, while one by one, everyone greeted his mate, welcoming her home.

"Well, as much as this is great to be visiting. It is doctor's orders that Raven rests as much as possible." He spoke out, "So...if you all don't mind, I am taking my mate upstairs."

Raven pouted, "But I have been cooped up for so long..." She groaned out.

Mason smiled, "Do you want to go back to the hospital?" He asked her, quirking an eyebrow at her.

Raven sighed in defeat.

Saying their goodbyes, Mason picked her up and took her up to the Beta quarters, settling her in and arranging for a light meal to be delivered.

After she had freshened up, eaten her meal and taken her medication. Mason informed her that while she took a nap, he was going downstairs to catch up on some work and have a meeting with the Alpha.

Nevertheless, not to worry, the former Luna would be coming over in a bit, too keep her company, until he came back.

At that, Mason stayed by his mate's side, until she fell asleep. Placing a kiss on her cheek, he got up and left the room, confident that his mate was safe.

"What the hell are you doing in my mate's bed...?" A female voice growled, startling Raven.

Slowly sitting up, "What...?" She stuttered out, still trying to wake up, her mind in a fog, staring dazedly at the unknown blonde-haired woman before her.

"Are you deaf and dumb, Bitch?" The woman growled, glaring at her.

"No!" Raven exclaimed, grasping the bed sheet tightly against her body, trembling when the woman moved forward in a threatening manner.

"What are you doing in my mate's bed...?" The woman repeated, taking a threatening stance.

"You're...mate?" Raven asked, confused.

Her mind really not processing fast enough, for the woman's liking.

The woman growled, launching herself at Raven, grabbing Raven's hair in a tight grip, forcing her head back with a hard tug, "You're a slut...I will punish you, for daring to be in my mate's bed."

Raven cried out, she was too weak to fight the she wolf off her, trying unsuccessfully to push her away, "Please..." She begged, only to receive a slap across her cheek.

As the woman continued to shout abuse at her and continued to hit her, Raven could only whimper in pain, praying that someone would save her...