Chapter 10

Mason was in a meeting with Leo, catching up on the latest events, when Leo stiffened and zoned out for a moment.

"Shit..." Was all that Leo grumbled out, before quickly getting up, "You better come with me."

Doing as he was ordered, Mason followed his Alpha, wondering what had happened.

"You are in the doghouse now..." Leo muttered, going in the direction of the Beta's quarters.

Confused, Mason frowned, "What the hell does that mean?"

Leo only glared back at him, still making his way upstairs.

Confusion turned to worry, when Mason realised they were going to his place. Pushing past Leo, he made his way into his room, fear coursing through his body, had something happened while he was away from his mate.

Entering the room, the only thing he noticed was his crying mate, rushing to her, he picked her up and cradled her in his arms, whispering soothing words, trying to figure out what happened.

Once in Mason's arms, his scent and warmth enveloping her, she was finally able to calm down.

Her mind going over the last events, replaying over and over again the scene in her mind.

Her emotions all over the place.

From confusion to fear, pain to sadness, realization to anger...

Once anger settled in, she shoved her mate forcibly back, glaring at him, shaking her head in disappointment.

Mason blinked at the sudden change in his mate, stunned at the angry and disappointed look she was giving him.

Only realising then, she had slipped out his arms and was now in the arms of his former Luna, seeking comfort from somebody else other than himself.

Standing up, he moved towards his mate, only to stop when she cowered further behind the Luna, "What the hell happened?" He growled out, not understanding the change in his mate.

"Vanessa..." Luna Kara elaborated, glaring at Mason, getting straight to the point.

Flushing slightly, "What did that she wolf do?" He asked, staring at his mate, frowning when he only noticed then, the fresh new marks on his mate's face and arms.

Growling, he stepped forward, only to stop, when his former Alpha placed himself in front of his mate and Luna, blocking his way.

"That's what I would like to know?" Rafe spoke, crossing his arms and glaring at Mason.

"I think it's best that we go to the lounge and talk this out." Leo spoke up, sensing the tension build up.

Kara nodded, guiding Raven to the lounge, sitting down beside her, keeping an arm draped over Raven's shoulders.

The men followed, Leo and his father took a seat, while Mason paced, still trying to figure out how his mate had gotten hurt.

"Raven, sweetheart, can you please tell us what happened?" Kara asked.

Raven looked up at her Luna and then at her mate, tears brimming her eyes, shaking her head, "I was sleeping...then someone shouted at me...startled...I saw that woman...barely awake...she called me names...accused me of being in her mate's bed...attacked me...couldn't fight back." She gasped out, hating herself for being so weak.

Somewhere deep down she knew that she wasn't that type of person, where that thought had come from, she didn't know.

Rubbing her eyes roughly, she took a deep breath, looking back at her so-called mate, "You should have sorted your dirty laundry, before bringing me here." Disgusted at the realization that she had been lying in a bed, that her mate had obviously brought that woman to satisfy his sexual needs.

Rubbing the back of his neck, Mason had no response to his mate's accusation. It was true...Vanessa had been a fling in the past, nothing serious, Leo had warned him, but he hadn't listened and now he was paying the price for his stupidity.

"If possible, I would like a room somewhere else..." Raven whispered out, looking at Kara, ignoring her mate.

Mason's head snapped up, growling out, "You are going nowhere..."

Defiant, Raven stood up and glared at him, "Don't you dare order me around, get your priorities sorted and perhaps we can talk like civilized humans."

Shooting daggers at him, "So don't you dare push me, I'm ready to snap and if you want to test it...I dare you to go ahead, I'll reject your sorry ass right here, right now!" She shouted, her whole body tense.

Mason stilled, surprised at the fierceness of his mate, this was a new side to her that he had not yet seen.

Sensing that perhaps she should intervene, before irreversible damage is done, "Mason, I think its best that we let Raven get some rest, all of this is not good for her health and healing." Kara spoke quietly and firmly, looking at Mason directly, letting him know that he should just let things go for now.

Mason nodded sadly, watching in defeat as his former Luna and mate walked out of the room, his mate not even looking back at him, as she was led away.