Chapter 14

"I am taking you home." Mason stated firmly, scooping her up into his arms and taking her away.

"No...I don't want to go there." She argued, still crying, still fighting him, every step of the way, "Knowing you took that woman there."

"I don't live there anymore." He told her, "I couldn't do that to you, so I exchanged my place with Gabe's."

"Who is Gabe?" She asked, totally distracted by his statement and dominance.

"Out of all the things I tell you, that is the one thing you ask?" He lightly teased, grinning down at her, "Gabe is Leo's brother and our Lead warrior."

Ignoring his teasing, she stayed quiet, her mind going over the past few moments.

Even though she had blurted out the truth to her mate, he had not said or done anything. Putting her at a disadvantage, was he angry or disgusted with her.

Will he reject her or not...so many thoughts running through her mind, that she hardly noticed that they had reached their destination.

"We are here..." He spoke quietly near her ear.

Looking up, she could see that they were in an exact copy of her mate's apartment, except this one was bare of furniture or personal belongings, "Ummm..." She started, unsure what to say, "This is nice...I guess."

Laughing, Mason placed her back on her feet, "I decided that we would decorate it together." He informed her, "Currently the only new furniture in here, is the bedroom suite. After all, I wasn't going to sleep on the floor."

"And if I don't like it?" She asked, quirking her eyebrow.

Rubbing a frustrating hand through his hair, "Then we will buy a new one..." He growled, looking down at her, "You...are going to drive me to an early grave, aren't you?"

Thinking for a moment, she tapped her finger on her mouth, "Perhaps..." She replied, shrugging her shoulders.

Shaking his head, he took a firm stand, crossing his arms and getting down to business, "Just so you know, I will never in my life hurt you physically or force you into anything you don't want." He promised, getting straight to the point.

"And that, this place is soundproof and the door is locked." He warned her non-threateningly, "And there is no place to hide or run."

"What happened to you...I wish I could go back and erase it." He spoke quietly, "If I ever catch the bastard, who did this to you, I will make him suffer ten times over, then kill him."

Watching his mate intently, as she moved towards the window, saying nothing back to him or arguing.

"I am willing to be patient and wait for you to accept my mark or to mate..." He carried on, "But...we will not be leaving this room, until you have marked me."

"Why...?" She gasped out, turning to face him, shocked at his remark.

"So that you are secure in the knowledge, that I won't reject you. That I am yours and forever will be." He stated directly, "So that our bond will strengthen, hoping that you will eventually forgive me and trust that I won't hurt you."

"You are crazy..." She sputtered out angrily, "What if I reject you? Have you thought about that?"

Closing his eyes for a moment, pain etched on his face.

He eventually opened them, sadness in their depths, "The day I realised you were my mate, was the best day of my life. Then when I thought I was going to lose you, within moments of finding you, I wanted to die along with you. And if you reject me...I might not willingly accept it." He gulped out, "But, I will respect your wishes..."

They stood staring at each other, deep in thought.

"I can't reject you..." She whispered out eventually.

"So...will you make me yours?" He asked, stepping towards her, cupping her face in his large hands, hope flaring in his eyes.

"Yes..." She responded warily, "But only if you promise me one thing."

"Anything..." He replied instantaneously.

"That you mark me as well." She pleaded, gazing up at him.