Chapter 17

"Marks can easily be erased..." A familiar voice spoke behind Raven, "If he claims another or she is claimed by someone else or dies..."

"Is that a threat?" Raven asked, looking up from her seating position, on the front porch of the pack house, to stare at Vanessa.

She might have been at a disadvantage when she first saw Vanessa a month ago. Now she had fully healed and was stronger. Though she had not recovered her memory, she was confident that she could defend herself from bitches like Vanessa.

Besides, they were out in public, Vanessa couldn't risk attacking the Beta female, there were too many people around.

Vanessa scoffed, "Now why would I do that." She asked, sauntering closer, trailing her fingers on the railing.

"Because, bitches like you are idiots." Raven remarked, carefully watching Vanessa, "Wasn't the punishment sufficient to penetrate that pea sized brain of yours."

Vanessa glared, taking a deep calming breath, smiling maliciously, "Mason only did it, because he was ordered to..."

Rolling her eyes, Raven stared back, "Is that so? I heard otherwise and correct me if I'm wrong...weren't you warned to stay away from us."

Leaning back against the railing, facing Raven, Vanessa shrugged, "This is a public place, it's not my fault that you are here."

Having enough of this meaningless conversation, Raven stood up, taking a step forward, "I might have been weak when you first attacked me. But that isn't the case now, so I suggest that you get your flea infested body off this property and not look back." Raven warned, her dominant wolf shining through.

Vanessa smiled evilly, straightening up, looking at Raven for a moment, walking away...then stopping at the stairs, to look back, "You should be asking yourself...Why hasn't Mason completed the bond, it's been a few weeks since he marked you. Yet...here you stand, an easy target out in the open, anyone can put a bullet through your heart and there would be no witnesses."

Vanessa grinned before continuing, "Then when you are dead and everyone is consoling him, he can finally turn to me in his time of need, without anyone questioning his motives and we can finally make our bond public. Remember...he could have gone anywhere to satisfy his sexual needs, yet he chose me, as his partner."

Raven clenched her hands into tight fists, choosing not to comment or take the bait, watching as Vanessa walked away, after her parting comment.

It was true that Mason had marked her three weeks ago and that they haven't completed the bond, but it wasn't because he did not want to...it was because he was waiting for her to take the next step in their relationship.

Was she truly ready to take the next step, her nightmares had lessened, being in Mason's protective embrace at night. They had a few heated encounters since the marking, but he had always respected her wishes and stopped.

Not pushing her to make a decision, even if it pained him, physically and emotionally too take a step back.

Mason was in his office, when he sensed his mate's distress.

Immediately searching her out, finding her leaning against the railing on the front porch, deep in thought.

Sighing slightly in relief that she was okay, he walked up to her, wrapping his arms around her waist, her back to his front.

Raven gasped in surprise, only to relax at the familiar touch and scent of her mate, leaning further back, placing her hands on his arms, savouring the comfort he gave.

With his mate in his arms, his chin on top of her head, he gazed out towards the horizon, "Is everything alright?" He asked quietly.

"Just wandering when I will remember my life..." She responded, evading telling him the truth.

Turning her around in his arms, he gazed at her, noting the paleness of her skin, "Don't force it, you will only make yourself sick." Kissing her on her forehead, "Why don't we call it a day and spend some quality time together."

Raven smiled, "I would love that..."