Chapter 5

"So what did the Doc say?" Leo asked from the doorway.

"Don't you ever knock...?" Mason asked.

"Where is the fun in that...besides, we are in a hospital." Leo replied sarcastically, taking a seat next to the bed, making himself at home, leaning back and waiting.

Huffing, Mason held his mate close to him, "She is weak, needs to build up her system, heal..."

"And...?" Leo interrupted, knowing that there was more.

"She has amnesia..." He growled lowly.

"Ah...!" Leo exclaimed, leaning forward, "It figures...with the way you found her, it is only natural."

"What if she doesn't remember anything...how am I going to protect her?" Mason asked, "How are we ever going to find out, who did this too her?"

"Patience my friend..." Leo replied calmly, shrugging his shoulders, "Besides...wouldn't you rather have her fully healed."

"Yeah...but it's the not knowing that is getting to me." He again growled out.

"Imagine how she feels, if you not knowing is driving you insane, imagine how she is feeling, she has lost a part of herself, something she might never get back." Leo countered logically.

"You are right..." He replied.

"I am always right..." Leo butt in teasingly, laughing at the glare his Beta gave him, "Anyways...did you at least get her name, before I interrupted you earlier?"

Flushing slightly at the reminder, "Raven..." Mason replied.

"Hmmm..." Leo pondered, rubbing his chin, "A unique name. Perhaps we could do a search in the surrounding packs for anyone with that name."

"I would suggest that we keep it as discreet as possible." He suggested, his instinct going into high alert.

Leo gazed at his friend and Beta, "You are correct...with the state she arrived here, we don't know who the enemy is."

"Now...who is always right." Mason joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Leo laughed, "I guess we are two stubborn old fools..."

"Look who is talking, I am still young and strong." He retorted, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever floats your boat..." Leo responded, shrugging his shoulders, "You haven't looked at yourself in the mirror lately."

It was times like these, that Mason was grateful for having Leo as his best friend. Leo could be harsh whenever he needed to be, but he could also be a good friend, knowing when to lighten the mood.

"Thank you..." Mason spoke, looking directly at Leo.

"For what...?" Leo asked.

"For being you, for being my Alpha and a true friend." He stated simply.

Nodding his head, Leo stood up, gazing down at his friend, "As it should always be..."

Giving his friend a salute, before leaving the room and shutting the door behind him.

Mason gazed down at his mate, she was still sleeping soundly, smiling he placed a kiss on her temple, before shifting them into a more comfortable position, taking a few moments to relax and take a nap.

Before they would be interrupted again, by the coming and goings of the hospital staff.

Just as Mason fell into a deep sleep, his last thought was him wondering when he could take his mate back to his home...